patio brew system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTbrew

Reaction score
I'm planning to do some work on a covered patio in the near future and I'm planning to build a home brew system into it. I'm going to have the burners, pumps, controls, a small water heater, etc. all mounted inside part of an outdoor cooking console. I'm really hoping to find advice from people who have done similar projects. I want to know do's and dont's that you have learned along the way. I'd love to see as many pictures as possible and youtube links are encouraged.

Thanks

Sounds like a cool idea! My questions/concerns:
Do you plan on moving anytime soon? It would suck not to be able to take your awesome brew stand with you, also no resale value.
What kind of climate do you live in?

If you can plumb natural gas to the patio that makes life pretty sweet imo. My brew structure is hooked up to a natural gas outlet where I used to have a grill before I replaced it with a green egg clone. I love never running out of gas plus it is pretty cheap to brew as I never see any spikes on our gas bill no matter how many times a month I brew.

I have a covered deck where I keep the single tier 3 vessel system I use (see avatar pic). I roll it out from under the deck to use if the weather is nice but if it is raining I brew under the deck so putting wheels on your structure might be something to consider. In any case if you decide to sell your house wheels will make the structure easier to move.

So that's all I've got for suggestions.

I just moved into the house and plan on staying for quite a few years. Not the rest of my life but enough time to make it worth wile. My plan was to build it in a way that I could easily take the majority of the equipment when I leave. However, Now I'm considering building a portable cabinet type stand which matches the rest of my patio. The logic behind this is that I have a small garage and limited storage. It needs to stay outside all of the time without looking like crap and getting ruined. Also, I've always wanted to get set up in a way so that I don't have to spend a great deal of time setting up equipment.

I don't have natural gas but if I did you know I'd be brewing with it.

Back