Partygyle help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
Im going to be making 11gallons of English Barley Wine and then a partygyl Braggot. Trouble is I can only boil one batch at a time. Should I keep the second runnings in the MLT while maintaining mash temps (RIMS) untill the Barley Wine boil is finished and then sparge again,
Or should I sparge the second runnings into a bucket (while the barley wine is boiling) and boil it when the Barley Wine boil is finished ?
Im concerned that it will keep converting in the bucket as the temps drop (does it matter ?).
What do you you suggest I do ?

I personally would keep it in the MLT while you boil the first. I have done this and have had no problems.

I have also mashed overnnight (8hrs) also without a problem. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

In fact, I'll be doing another parti gyle tonight leaving the second wort in the MLT while the first is boiling.

Good luck with your brew day!

i literally just did this 3 days ago. Ran off my first runnings, then while the 1st batch was heating up, collected 2nd runnings into a seperate bucket. Put a lid on it and it sat until the 1st batch was done. No problems this way either.

Back