Party Tote - to carry PET-a-Draft mini kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hlombard

Reaction score
I recently created an Instructable showing how to make a mini keg system using 2 litre pop bottles. You can check it out here.

But it was a bit cumbersome to carry around.

Then I found a cooler bag at Walmart - just the right size to make a Tote. See Instructable here.

cooler-bag-66260.jpg

This is what the complete setup looks like.

party-tote-66259.jpg

I made a rest out of styrofoam insulation material to hold my 20 oz CO2 tank steady at the bottom of the cooler bag and prevent damage when I clunk it down.

tank-rest-66261.jpg

I used a "Y union Push-to-Connect" so I can connect 2 bottles of beer to the CO2 line. The on/off valve I added because my very old and heavy CO2 regulator does not have one.

whole-setup-66263.jpg

To hold the two picnic taps steady, I used a piece of 3/4" plywood that fits into the end pocket of the cooler bag and first drilled two holes, then cut slots to feed the vinyl tubing through. Made it a tight fit so the taps will stay put.

tap-holder-66262.jpg

I hot glued fridge magnets onto the tap holder to use as removable label holders.

These picnic taps always drips a few drops when you are done (just like me), so I put down a cloth to act as drip tray.

A few ice bricks under the bottles keeps the brew cold!

Latest posts

Back