Parts lists for cooler valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElCid79

Reaction score
I am thinking about building an all grain setup. I am working on specking out a MashTun out of a 10 gal cooler. From lowes (About $50 USD.), I found a false bottom online for about 30 bucks. And lastly, I need to figure out how to redo the valve. I found some kits on Northern Brewer but they are rather expensive. Do any of you have a parts lists of what I would need to buy at the local plumbing supply?

Cheers.

And don't forget bargainfittings.com when you do your comparison shopping. A lot of people get hung up on one or two parts that they find they need to buy 10 of just to get the 2 they need.

Walmart has igloo 10g cooler for $40 and bargainfittings.com is the cheapest I've found with flat rate shipping. Spend $5 extra dollars and you can get a 3 piece stainless valve that can be completely disassembled once a year for a thorough cleaning.

And don't forget bargainfittings.com when you do your comparison shopping. A lot of people get hung up on one or two parts that they find they need to buy 10 of just to get the 2 they need.

+1

I get all my hardware from them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Bulkhead part list for 10g cooler:

1/2" Closed nipple
1/2" Locknut with o-ring
Food grade O-ring
Washers

The closed nipple is the piece goes through the hole, the lock-nut and ball valves screw onto it. Lock-nut and O-ring seal the inside. The washers are used on the outside to fill up the remaining space on the closed nipple. The ball valve would be screwed on right up against the washers for a tight fit.

Without a doubt bargain fittings is the best place for 3 pc valves.

splattsmier said:
+1 I get all my hardware from them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

+ 2 takes the guess work out plus reasonably priced, fast shipping and great communication

Back