Partial/Mini Mash Recipe Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SillyWabbit

Reaction score
So I haven't even brewed my first batch yet; an Irish red kit; and I'm already wanting to get into my own recipes. I've read through "How to Brew" online already so I've at least got a starting point. I was just wondering if what I've got planned so far sounds like a disaster or not. I'm looking to do a partial/mini mash version of a big all grain beer I'd like to brew one day. So without further ado, here's what I've got on paper so far: 3 lbs Belgian pilsner malt, 2 lbs either Belgian special B or American medium caramel (40); though I'm thinking I'd like the color and body of the darker special B. Then I'm looking at 6 lbs amber DME and 3 lbs pale DME with I don't know how much candi syrup added to the boil. I'm not so sure of the hops yet, but something high alpha to balance the malts and sugars to total probably 40 IBU. Then lastly fermenting with a Trappist or other Belgian strain. So, how does this sound? Anyone with more experience see something I should absolutely avoid, or something crucial I'm missing? Thanks for any input y'all may have! I'll be happy to share he results of whatever comes out of it!

Latest posts

Back