Paintball regulator problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneHands

Reaction score
I have one of the Kegconnection paintball regulators (which I just now realized they aren't selling at the moment), it fits on the 20 oz paintball tank with the pinvalve. This is a good setup for me, so I'd like to keep using it. Anyway, the pressure creeps up on me, it's usually pegged at over 60 psi overnight, even with it dialed all the way back. As long as the regulator is connected to a tank, it's creeping up.
I did a search for this, but it seems the folks that have had this problem have the regular tank, and not the paintball setup. Reading other threads, it sounds like there is an obstruction in there somewhere, but I'm not sure how to clear it.
Any help is appreciated

Edit: It's not on Kegconnection anymore, but I found it on ebay here

sounds like a regulator is leaking bypassing adjastment setting. well i am not sure if this will help but i been playing paintball for 10 years and this tipe of problem usualy is caused by a bad 0-ring. also when you screw in co2 tank on the pinvalve you go all the way in and back out 1/2 of the turn this way co2 flows alot better. hope this helps

I believe Kegconnection sent me a spare o-ring, I'll try that first (as well as the 1/2 turn idea). The way it was behaving, I assumed it was an obstruction. Although I've had this setup for a little while, this is the first problem I've had so in some respects I'm still new at this. I appreciate the follow up, let you know how it works out.

You have some crud in between the regulator's diaphragm and it's seat. This is allowing gas to slowly leak under it. This is a problem with the regulator and it is not affected in any way by the source of the gas (welding vs. paintball tank). Take the regulator apart and clean it out and it should work fine. The o-ring on the tank has nothing to do with your problem.
Hope that helps

sounds like a regulator is leaking bypassing adjastment setting.

if the 0-ring was leaking on the tank, he would loose co2. 0-ring on the tank has nothing to do with his problem. i was thinking that there is some kind of the 0-ring inside regulator, or it is a diaphram leaking.

Latest posts

Back