paintball cO2 tank ?'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2984

Reaction score
I found i can get a complete keging system minus co2 tank for around 100. I found that you can get an adapter for paintball co2 tanks to hook into the regulator. I have a few bottles lying around a 20 12 9 oz tanks. Im wondering if i can use them for now to force carbonate the beer and to pour it. Or do i need more than 20oz to force carbonate the beer in the keg

I found i can get a complete keging system minus co2 tank for around 100. I found that you can get an adapter for paintball co2 tanks to hook into the regulator. I have a few bottles lying around a 20 12 9 oz tanks. Im wondering if i can use them for now to force carbonate the beer and to pour it. Or do i need more than 20oz to force carbonate the beer in the keg
A 20oz paint ball tank is 1/4 of a 5 pound co2 tank. It will serve you very well. I also have several PB tanks and use them for brewing exclusively.

ok i figured it would be good to do one keg. i have to start somewhere I cant go out and buy shinny new stuff of everything. Have to build up the collection. I figured 1.25lbs was enough to do 1 keg but i figured id ask to make sure.

The 20oz PB tank is more than enough for you to get started and get to where you want to be. There are huge plus's with this adventure. You already have the tanks. They are easy to refill and dirt cheap to get it done. There are bunches of places that can do the refill in most communities. PLUS: the 12 & 9oz tanks can be used for backup and on the road.

Just do it! No problems.

Wishing you the best and great success in your adventure.

I don't carb with my 20oz paint ball, just serve when co2 runs out on 5 gal or when I take a keg camping, but I'm sure it could be done. would probably take most of tank.

yea i went over my parents house where the gear was i found the 20 and 12 but not the 9 but i think 32oz will work for now. And i can get them filled right around the cornor from work. So that works out. the adapter to the co2 reg is only 15 bux

I have 2 20 oz's used for carbing and dispensing. The tanks are working out very well and last longer than expected. When one runs out I just get it filled on the way home from work.

I'd only buy the gear to do one keg with a paintball tank adapter. Long term it'll serve you well for portable keg use, but in the long run it'll cost more to run all paintball tanks than a larger 5 or 10lb CO2 cylinder and standard beverage regulator.

so my vote is skimp by on 1 paintball setup and save for a better one in the future so you can use 'your first setup' forever as a remote kegging setup.

yea thats what i want to do. just to get me going. Its hard to drop all the money at once for everything. I want to slowly build up the inventory. If i have somethings lying around if i can use them id like to. but i want to put a bar in my basement and run lines and everything to it

I am going to necropost in this thread to thank the responders for good info. I now know I can brew a week earlier than previously thought.

I'd use mine but it is next to impossible to find anyone in my area to refill them.

Back