Packaged DO ppb values

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris2012

Reaction score
I'm curious what ppb values people are getting for DO after kegging/..?

Has anyone compared the same brewing process with using Metabisulfite and not using it, in terms of packaged O2?

It sounds like in a commercial brewery they can achieve around 100ppb or less.

Cheers

I'm curious what ppb values people are getting for DO after kegging/..?

Has anyone compared the same brewing process with using Metabisulfite and not using it, in terms of packaged O2?

It sounds like in a commercial brewery they can achieve around 100ppb or less.

Cheers

Well, Die Beerery has had a number of his finished canned beers tested for a TPO and he was consistently < 25 ppb.

That’s with and without scavengers.

Wow that's very impressive! Out of interest, I'm curious how he cans those, as with the small can seamers I've seen you can on foam (I've no idea if that's similar to
how canning works commercially or not though), roughly how would you avoid adding oxygen during canning.

Wow that's very impressive! Out of interest, I'm curious how he cans those, as with the small can seamers I've seen you can on foam (I've no idea if that's similar to
how canning works commercially or not though), roughly how would you avoid adding oxygen during canning.

http://www.********************/uncategorized/packaging-canning-beer-home/

Back