Oxygenating vs. oxidation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kero

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a foul smelling wine. Ut is in secondary fermentation with airlocks and very tiny space in the bottles for air. and some bottles are still reeking of sulphur. I am guessing it is because the yeast is strained cause i let it warm up too much in the beginning.

I have read in the forum that the healthy way to do it without adding copper is aereating it, splashing it around when transferring. Then I read that exposing it to air may cause oxidation.

So what is the correct way of oxygenating without causing oxidation? And when is the time to do it? Shall i wait till the fermentation is complete or should i just go around doing it already?

there is already quite a bit of mud gathering on the bottoms of the bottles so I can do with a transfer. Or shall i wait n not disturb till it's finished and decide on the end product?

First off what was ambient temp at the primary startup, over 25 C is too warm, sounds like everything is still early.i would leave it alone at 22 C consistent temp out of sunlight for 3 months

Back