Oxy-clean to remove mold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misplaced_Canuck

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
NE Columbia SC - Formerly, Montreal Canada
I've got a fair amount of mold on my driveway & walkway (especially), in the past I've used a pressure washer, but the top coat has taken a beating from the high pressure.

Last wk-end I tried a mixture of bleach (1:3 Bleach:water) and it made a moderate difference, but I'm realizing that bleach is not a sulfactant, ie it doesn't make the liquid penetrate/bubble-up/get into crevasses.

So far the grass on the sides of the walkway seems to have survived the bleach mixture (I did rinse with a LOT of water).

Has anyone used oxy-clean do to this job? Either oxy-clean alone or with bleach? Thoughts? ideas?

I googled around and found a mention of 1 cup of oxy-clean to 1 gallon of very hot water. Not sure if the grass will survive the treatment, though.

Open to suggestions!

MC

FWIW, i dumped some oxyclean mixture on a bush planting not even thinking about it. The bush very very nearly died but recovered. I think it is just as bad on plants as bleach. Not any worse, though.

I used to clean rust stains off concrete with muratic acid (swimming pool additive), not sure if it'll work for your particular application, but it might be worth a shot.
Regards, GF.

Back