Over active yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinjasp

Reaction score
Panicking a little after fermenting my Belgian Blond ale.
I started off by putting my fermzilla in my cold cellar. Noticed nothing was fermenting so mentioned it to a buddy who told me to get it into room temperature and put my heat belt on it. I followed his advice put the belt on wrapped it with my grainfather coat and left it overnight. We it certainly got things moving. It was spitting up through my bubbler and hitting the roof lol! I removed the belt and left it alone and it kept flowing from the bubbler making a mess on the floor. I looked at the bubbler and noticed that it was clogged so I replaced it last night with another. Its really bubbling through now. My question is should I dump some pressure from the fermzilla or will it settle down now that it is venting properly?

Not yet DB lol, needless to say his sample taster is on the floor now. It seems to have calmed down now so will see what we get at the end.

Back