Outdoor Kitchen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd2448

Reaction score
Hot on the heels of the keezer - I'm thinking of building an outdoor kitchen. Nothing too mental, just a charcoal grill area, a sink, and a built-in cooler (no fridge). I'd like to run electric cable out to it also for lighting and tunes. Does anyone know of good places for info on the net? Or books with lots of info?

I've done a few searches and it's hard to separate people trying to sell me stuff from unbiased info. Any help would be gratefully received!

Let those vendors send you information, brochures and stuff. They are certain to have lots of pictures. You will be able to get some good ideas from those. First thing I would do is move out of NJ to someplace with a more hospitable climate, like Calfornia maybe.

I looked around and couldn't find anything that really suited me when I was getting ready to build. I built a 10X10. It has my pit, sink with concrete counter tops and I did put a small fridge in. Since you're running electric anyway, go ahead and drop a plug just in case. Are you going to cover it? Luck - Dwain

Yeah NJ is not the optimal place to live to have an outdoor kitchen, but we have an outdoor living room and that's working well. Won't be year-round by a long shot but we will at least be using the grill through the winter. I like the idea of asking a few contractors to bid on it to get ideas, good thinking.

Would probably put a couple of electric outlets out there. If we move up to a fridge later then they are already in place.

Yeah NJ is not the optimal place to live to have an outdoor kitchen, but we have an outdoor living room and that's working well. Won't be year-round by a long shot but we will at least be using the grill through the winter. I like the idea of asking a few contractors to bid on it to get ideas, good thinking.

Would probably put a couple of electric outlets out there. If we move up to a fridge later then they are already in place.

I was just messing with about where you live. It's about like Ohio where I am. I would prefer a warmer climate.

Anyway, go ahead and request some help from those contractors. They will pretty much design it for you and give you multiple options and costs. They are chomping at the bit to get work right now. Who know's, you may end up having one of them build or partially build it for you. Give them a chance if you can. They need to eat too.

I was just messing with about where you live. It's about like Ohio where I am. I would prefer a warmer climate.

Anyway, go ahead and request some help from those contractors. They will pretty much design it for you and give you multiple options and costs. They are chomping at the bit to get work right now. Who know's, you may end up having one of them build or partially build it for you. Give them a chance if you can. They need to eat too.

You and me both, buth SWMBO's family is in southern NJ, so it's in southern NJ we live if we're going to live in the US.

I'm going to check out some materials costs etc. today. With the economy and everything, it certainly makes sense to at least have a contractor cost it out - I'd deffo consider using them to put in the concrete pad because I have no experience or skills. Once that's done, I think I can build the rest, but if the price is right, I'd have to seriously consider having someone do it all.

Back