• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Picobrew Zymatic in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjaggy

Reaction score
For sale is the original iteration of the model described here: PicoBrew Z Series, Professional Brewing System

I backed this on Kickstarter and brewed several batches when it first came out. Since I live in a condo with an electric range and don't have space outdoors for a burner or indoors for FVs, and a tiny kitchen, it worked really well for me to brew right into a corny keg, rack into a second corny, and force carb/serve out of the second one while brewing another batch in the first. Made homebrewing a whole lot more accessible for me given the space constraints.

For those unfamiliar with the Picobrew apparatus, it simplifies the brewing process by using a circulation technique and in-line heaters. Fluid goes from the bottom of a corny keg through in-line heaters into a grain compartment and then follows the recipe you dictate into 4 separate adjunct chambers, and then back into the top of the corny keg. You set the timing on everything - so you can have a 90-min mash-in at one temp, increase temp, go into your bittering hops for 10 mins, then your finishing hops for 10 mins, then another 2 adjunct chambers of oreo cookies/jellybeans/belly button lint/whatever your heart desires. After brewing, there is a rubber lid (included) for your corny that has a hole for a blowoff tube or plastic airlock (included). Two purge wands which connect to the attached fittings are used to clean and sanitize the machine with a bucket and a dishwasher tablet/pod.

Uses 110v AC and requires no other connections. Comes with everything included in the original packaging (picobrew machine with attached ball-lock fittings, purge wands, grain/adjunct chamber, adjunct filter baskets). Also comes with a corny keg jacket. Fittings are ball lock. Corny keg can be included for an additional $50.

I paid over $2,000 for this brand new; it's had less than 20 batches put through it before I changed jobs and got too busy to brew. Selling for $1,000 or best offer.

Available for local pickup only in Central New Jersey (Princeton area). Will drive up to an hour in any direction (except east, that'll put me in the atlantic ocean) to meet you closer to your home.

Feel free to DM for more info.

Your title says Zymatic but the link is to a Z... Just for clarification, which system are you selling?

Thanks for the question and I apologize if it's not clear. The model for sale is the Picobrew Zymatic. The link provided is the only version Picobrew has available for sale currently. There are some differences in the layout and operation of the machines but the process and functionality is equivalent.

Thanks for the question and I apologize if it's not clear. The model for sale is the Picobrew Zymatic. The link provided is the only version Picobrew has available for sale currently. There are some differences in the layout and operation of the machines but the process and functionality is equivalent.

Picobrew is out of business and hasn't sold a single item for the last 16 months since they went into receivership. "New owner(s)" who was a prior friend and angel investor of Picobrew (illegal if you ask me) have voiced last October they have no intentions of dropping support of Picobrew.com but if and when they (or future buyers do) the machine won't function with one of many "offline" server solutions the community has developed.

Adding the above for context to any potential buyer who is interested in this. That all said I highly enjoy my Z3 setup.

I had no idea - thanks for the info! I can confirm that the last time I fired it up, it worked beautifully.

Back