Outdoor kitchen with built in taps and kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnation

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of planning my outdoor kitchen. I plan on having four beers on tap so I need a Kegerator that would house four kegs and fit underneath a countertop. Would also need access to change kegs and CO2. I decided to take to mini fridges and attach them side-by-side. I'm planning on boring a hole to run liquid lines and gas lines to connect them. I just bought 2 Whirlpool mini fridges at Target for $139 each. I'm planning on drilling an inch and a half hole in the side of each mini fridge silicone ring around them and bolting the two fridges together. My only concern is if there are any refrigerant lines in the side walls of the refrigerators. The tap Tower will be attached to the countertop and I was going to run a PVC pipe from the refrigerator up to it and wrapped in insulation in order to keep the tower cool. Let me know what you think or if you have any advice

Here are taps

2016-08-23 10.22.01.jpg

I always wonder about the sanity of this. Once all the teenagers in your neighborhood find out about this, and they will. I hope you have a very good way of securing the taps, one that can't be breached with a pair of bolt cutters. Of course you might live on your own private island in the Caribbean.

I have a outdoor kitchen in which I incorporated a summit kegerator. I took off the original tower and replaced it with a 4 tap just like the one you have. I then utilized flexible conduit to route the lines as-well as a added a fan that pump cold air from the freezer to the conduit to keep the lines cool.

I personally love it as especially with football season coming up. I have a TV built into the island with a direct TV wireless genie, taps for beer, and bbq for whatever I feel like grilling.

I have a outdoor kitchen in which I incorporated a summit kegerator. I took off the original tower and replaced it with a 4 tap just like the one you have. I then utilized flexible conduit to route the lines as-well as a added a fan that pump cold air from the freezer to the conduit to keep the lines cool.

I personally love it as especially with football season coming up. I have a TV built into the island with a direct TV wireless genie, taps for beer, and bbq for whatever I feel like grilling.

F-ing Southern Californians, just slapping that year around 70 degree weather in our faces.

Oh yes, it's terrible. It even get's up to 50% sometimes.:p Inland where the fires are it's under 10%.

Brewnation, those tap locks are nice, but expensive. I guess it's better that finding a bunch of drunk kids in the yard.

Yeah they are expensive. Think I might just put pad locks on the mini fridges and unhook the supply lines when not in use. I'm also going to run gas line so I can hook up my stand so I can watch football, bbq or sit in the hot tube while brewing. I post build progression pics here. Should be pretty sweet

You need to be concerned about adults in Your neighborhood.

Lol. Slowsupratt, what's your address and what time do you guys go to sleep at night?

I already have a good guess from the photos which neighborhood he's in.

I normally would not be so desperate but my keezer just died and I am.... well desperate for a fresh draught. I was not drinking tonight but this thread forced me to have to open up a commercial beer. I miss my keezer.

Yeah they are expensive. Think I might just put pad locks on the mini fridges and unhook the supply lines when not in use.
That sound like a plan, and cheaper.

I normally would not be so desperate but my keezer just died and I am.... well desperate for a fresh draught.
I just sold an aquarium, and the area will now become my bar. Just getting to build a new keezer puts a smile on my face!

If you look closely at the first pic you can see where I stubbed out a gas line so I can hook up my brew stand

One Day I will have an Outdoor Kitchen influenced By A Fellow Homebrewer here in Wichita Falls

Texans are Big on BBQ and Beer
I present to you Tha' Pit
Couldn't convince him he needed more than Two Taps outside. We dug a trench from the Walk-in and installed a pipe with both Cooled air and Cold Water from inside the Walk-in since this is his walk-in Door in the Brew Room

tha pit 0001.jpg

Tha pit 0002.jpg

Tap Door.jpg

Back