Otto Supreme and/or Armadillo Impressions???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenorHops

Reaction score
Just wondering who may have brewed with these experimental hops and what their impressions were. Flavor, aroma, how you used them, etc.. Thanks! :mug:

I tried both a these a while back:

Armadillo: oddly enough, this seemed like a more aggressive amarillo. Definitely oragne citrus based, but with more of an edge to it. Like amarillo + chinook - the piney flavors

Otto Supreme: fruity, bit of peach, floral. Maybe like a peach-ish centennial? Except the aroma wasnt as strong as youd think given the taste of it

I tried both a these a while back:

Armadillo: oddly enough, this seemed like a more aggressive amarillo. Definitely oragne citrus based, but with more of an edge to it. Like amarillo + chinook - the piney flavors

Otto Supreme: fruity, bit of peach, floral. Maybe like a peach-ish centennial? Except the aroma wasnt as strong as youd think given the taste of it

What were your hop schedules for these? I hadnt heard of these but they sound awesome

Both of those were single hop beers. Armadillo was an IPA and Otto Supreme was a saison.

I think the IPA was something like:
@60: 1 oz
@20: 2 oz
@0: 4 oz w/ hopstand
@dry: 3 oz

Saison:
@60: 1/2 oz
@15: 1 oz
@0: 2 1/2 oz

Back