ordering 3 bg14's, which reg from agrisupply?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and will this fitting work for hooking to the propane tank? It says its only rated for 70,000 btu's but im guessing thats just for liability purposes
http://www.agrisupply.com/brass-propane-qccfitting-/p/36449/cn/6000139/

I bet they are correct on the 70K because it says it has "excess flow protection" I am sure a handy fellow like you can fix that issue!:)

On your first question, I haven't ordered from them, but they list the orifice's separate, so I bet you need to order those as well. Just didn't want you to get all your goodies and be missing those possibly. I would go with an adjustable 30psi regulator so you can give it the heat when you want to. I used to float the flames off the burner and could put it out if I cranked on it too much. But it is nice when you have multiple burners running. Get a 100lb propane cylinder or plumb it to a big tank if you are going to be kicking the flames on multiple burners.

This is what I ordered from the Bayou Classic website. I only used one of the regulators. I normally use 1 burner at a time, but one regulator will fire both of my burners maxed out

2 x High Pressure 0-30-PSI Adjastable Regulator-7850 (BY7850) $49.90
2 x High Pressure Cast Iron Banjo Burner-BG14 (BYBG14) $67.92

This is the regulator:
http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/propane_regulator.htm

As a side note, the tip of the end that goes into the propane bottle has an o ring on it. If it isn't there, you'll tighten it up until the housing cracks. If you're drinking, you'll dig around and find the extra one you have and break it also. (ask me how I know this). I wouldn't order that green colored adapter. I would go to a gas place and buy an old school brass piece that you tighten with a wrench.

Luck - Dwain

instead of running the "green" adapter to the lp tank
this
TYPE1-GR-ACME.jpg

do new lp bottles with the course threads on the outside, also have the fine left hand female threads as well for a fitting like
this
29336.jpg

and this?
29335.jpg

Back