Opinions on a 2 piece tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
Need to think about what kind of likker you wanna make,
Rums, brandies, bourbons... potstill
Neutral, vodka, gin...reflux

I've got an older model two piece i got from brewhaus....The one i have has a shorter lower section then that, and taller upper...mines only 7 gals, but i can pull about ~3/4 gal of 92% with it in reflux off 16% wash, and about 4 liters of cask strength 65% as a pot still....it's the only thing i know though, so take it for what it's worth...

(and i hardly ever use it in 7' tall reflux mode, unless i got really nasty wash i want to obliterate....)

I own a 5 gallon clawhammer reflux still. I make a great sourmash shine , which I age on charred oak barrel chips for 2 weeks and comes out like a great Tennessee whiskey. my 98 proof is the best, flavor pretty close to like JD Sinatra Select....tasty and smoooooooth.

Conodor, welcome to distilling !! I also just started into this hobby. I built my still from a beer keg. My column is 2 piece, with tri-clamps to put it together, and hold it on the boiler.
Still.jpg
I like the idea of someday doing reflux distilling. But for now, I just use it a a pot still. Plus being able to take it apart makes cleaning very easy.

Latest posts

Back