Ooops!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstring78

Reaction score
Don't ask me why, but when I got home today I just had to have a peek at the beer I brewed yesterday. There was some little voice inside my head saying "open it up", so I did.
I opened up the bucket and what did I see... the little plastic ring that locks the cap onto the spring water bottle, floating on the top of my beer!! Noooo!!
Must not have noticed it dropped into the bucket when I was dumping my water in. I sanitized a spoon and removed the ofending piece of blue plastic.
I sure hope this doesn't infect my beer. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Awesome!

You now have the starter of a beer name! Those things are hard to come by ;)

Oh No! You'd bettter dump it and dump it fast! Wort that has had plastic rings fall into is highly explosive! :eek:

Not to disagree with Edmanster (and shoot down my own name suggestion), but I like "Blue Ring Ale". It's generic enough to not tell the whole story, but there's a story behind it if you want to tell it.

Razz

RazzBarlow said:
Not to disagree with Edmanster (and shoot down my own name suggestion), but I like "Blue Ring Ale". It's generic enough to not tell the whole story, but there's a story behind it if you want to tell it.

Razz

Not a problem.... I just liked how you included his name and at the same time it rhymed... You were quick on that.. :)
Edit: not his name but his HBT handle anyways...

Rdwhahb - Had to look that one up. Great idea though!

Blue Ring Ale it is then! lol

Here's your mascot.
blue_ringed_octopus.jpg

Great. If this beer comes out good you'll be on here touting your new "spring water bottle technique!" "Yeah, it helps out fermentation by creating more surface area for the yeast to propogate, similar to AB's use of beachwood aging ..." :p

Might be a good idea to start naming beers after odd events that happen during the process. We flooded the kitchen floor twice. First was when I accidentally turned the valve on my bottling bucket full of sanitizer and about a half gallon or more leaked out before we saw it and then the wort cooler hose got away from and we had another small flood. High water brown ale, anyone? :p

Back