Only 3 Wires - What can I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photopilot... The 60A that feed the FAU is primarily for the auxiliary heating element for when the air temp is too cold for the heat-pump to extract heat from the air. It would only kick on somewhere in the upper 20's-ish and that doesn't happen very often where we live (N-Central AZ). The only other thing the FAU breaker feeds is the fan for the air handler - which draws around 2-3 amps. leaving lots left over for the brew rig. I just won't brew when it is really cold! Not likely to anyway!

Awesome on the first brew in the new rig. While not an electrician I did wire my own house and know enough to help out. All my suggestions were based on future proofing your rig and sounds like you did it right. 6/4 is overkill for your current rig but will provide you enough juice for your next one if that happens.

Congratulations on your first brew in the new rig. I maidened voyaged my new brew rig about 2 weeks ago, it's a good feeling. I've been to Payson before, pretty country.

Latest posts

Back