OneWire compatible with PID?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickles

Reaction score
I'm going to be redoing my control panel sooner than later. It uses a Brewtroller currently but they've recently gone out of business and I'm not satisfied with its reliability (crashes a lot). I'm going to go with PIDs. It should be relatively simple conversion since I have all the SSRs and switches, etc in place. The only issue I see is my OneWire network for temperature sensors. Is there an interface that would allow me to use the OneWire with a conventional PID?

I don't know of any off the shelf solutions, but I would say it is do able. You would need an mcu to take the one wire signal and the convert it into a voltage or current signal for the PID. As far a cost effective / practical buying new rtd sensors will likely be the better route.
What sort of mounting arrangement are your current sensors setup?

Sensors are as follows: RIMS, MLT, HLT, BK, and chiller. I actually just visited Brewtroller site on a whim and found that the brand has been purchased and will continue on. Perhaps I'll wait to see if they address some of the issues I have before changing things up.

Back