One Year Fermenting, Now What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Haha. I am way to impatient to try to let a brew go for 2 years. Insane. What about the one you brewed last year? Are you going to tap that too and do a side by side? Those results would be a good contribution to our wealth of knowledge. A comparison of the same beer @ 1 year conditioning vs 2 years. In other news, how is your Karankawa. I am about halfway through the keg and its starting to get where its not green any longer. I like it.

Edit: Oops, I just noticed your sig indicates that the Karankawa is in the primary, not the keg. So disregard previous inquiry.

You sir are either a masochist or a saint. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between the two.

Either way, you have my respect!

I need someone to partner with. I will do another 2 year fermentation, but it would be great to have someone brew the same beer one year after so after 2 years there would be a 1 & 2 year version of the same beer. We would have the logistical problem of sharing 2.5 gallons of beer but that is a minor issue.

I wouldn't go the forced carb route...that'll give you bigger bubbles in the head

Naturally carb that mother, you'll get a denser head that's made up of smaller bubbles

Back