One step

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only used it a few times when i started with the Mr Beer kit, once i learned to be really good at washing and sanitizing i didnt have a problem with it. however i only used for 4 or 5 mr beer kits then switched to 5 gallon batches with with a kit from Northern brewer. that kit came with starsan and i havent changed since 2014.

I've used one step maybe once or twice. Three times tops. I have never had any issues with it. I'm not 100% sure about this....i could be wrong. My understanding about one step is that it has some sanitizing properties, however. It's designed more for cleaning, than sanitizing. I highly recommened using starsan or iodophore.

I've used one step maybe once or twice. Three times tops. I have never had any issues with it. I'm not 100% sure about this....i could be wrong. My understanding about one step is that it has some sanitizing properties, however. It's designed more for cleaning, than sanitizing. I highly recommened using starsan or iodophore.

I use One Step alot but not for the "heavy lifting". My impression is that it's a decent cleaner and OK sanitizer for the "light" stuff. That said, I always use a spritz of Star San just before using a piece of equipment on the cold side.

For the big jobs I use PBW, DIY PBW, OxiClean Clear, followed up with a quick wash with 7th Generation detergent. Then a sanitizing spray (sometimes soak) with Star San or SaniClean.

Might sound like overkill but I had some serious infection issues a few years ago. None since then. And I do brew a lot of beer and bottle a lot of wine.

Brooo Brother

Back