one bottle from batch tastes bad.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDSanders

Reaction score
I have opened probably 12 bottles from a batch of brown ale. All have tasted good with good carb except I just opened one that had zero carbonation and it tasted like a$$. Any ideas?

Bad luck, it happens. Something could've gotten into the bottle before you filled it, maybe the cap didn't get sanitized well enough or it didn't seal. Was there any pressure when you opened it at all? If not I vote for a bad seal when it got capped.

Bad luck, it happens. Something could've gotten into the bottle before you filled it, maybe the cap didn't get sanitized well enough or it didn't seal. Was there any pressure when you opened it at all? If not I vote for a bad seal when it got capped.

Probably more likely if this is the only one. If you find a range and not just this one could be mixing or something like I was thinking.

I batch primed with five ounces of priming sugar. Dissolved the sugar in water then I poured it in the bottom of the bottling bucket and racked the beer on top. There was absolutely zero carbonation in the one bottle. I am guessing probably a bad seal on the cap now that it was mentioned.

Latest posts

Back