Old Model Perlick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon03

Reaction score
This older model Perlick kegerator was given to me yesterday. I have not yet found the model number, but the compressor needs replaced, so its a project (finding a replacement and having it installed.) I want to remove the 2 draft towers and build something to set over the top with 6-8 faucets (similar to the other attached image). If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to where to start with the compressor work or ideas that would make this awesome, I'd like to hear them :)

IMG_4389.jpg

CIMG10072.jpg

Have you opened it up? They might have the compressor manufacturer and model right on the compressor....

Have you opened it up? They might have the compressor manufacturer and model right on the compressor....

I found the model, it was on a manufacture tag on the side the mug/bottle chiller inside the unit.

C5566A-UL. Unfortunately it doesn't return much in an online search. I sent a support request to Perlick to see if they could provide some information. Got a response that they was forwarding onto the technical service department. The compressor has some numbers on it, but they don't return anything useful when searching either.

It could be expensive (all shiny copper/stainless... couple $G's) or reasonably cheap (the industrial look with black iron pipe). Or for very inexpensive you can use PVC pipe and paint it (there are some good examples here on HBT)

Why not just add to the existing towers? or replace them with three or four tap ones... Just a thought... if it's possible to add taps to the current towers then all the more $ savings.

IMG_6129.jpg
Did you find what you were looking for? I just got a similar unit and would love any information you could share.

Back