Oktoberfest started Saturday in Munich

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
image_5873426.jpg

Workers carry the first barrel beer into the beer hall where the traditional opening of the 174th Oktobersfest takes place, in Munich, southern Germany, on early Saturday, Sept. 22, 2007. Some six million visitors from around the globe are expected to come to the Bavarian capital, until the end of the world famous beer festival on Oct 7, 2007.

Prost!

I want to go back to Germany, I missed oktober fest last year :( oh well I did get to enjoy some nice warm Glühwein and a wonderful Rauchbier in Bamberg

Maybe next year (my brother now has his passport and wants to go :) )

This year I will settle for local Oktoberfest, and maybe a small one in Kitchener next weekend :)

the_bird said:
Wait, they don't wait for October? :confused:

silly americans ;)

via wikipedia:
The Oktoberfest is a two-week festival held each year in Munich, Bavaria, Germany during late September and early October. It is one of the most famous events in the city and the world's largest fair, with some six million people attending every year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

Don't feel bad, I thought that it was in October for along time too

Back