Oktober SL1/Tapcooler Canning Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to switch to a Tapcooler Nanocanner instead of a beer gun but needed a place to mount the Tapcooler since their latest iteration only offers wall or magnetic mounting that wasn't an option for me (if I had a wall, I'd probably have ordered the Duofiller!) After seeing the wall mount I realized I had a fairly simple mount available without permanent modifications to the Oktober since it uses the existing motor mounting bolts. Its made of 3/16" steel plate and longer bolts weren't even necessary. I drilled and tapped for M6 bolts for the wall mount but one could stick the magnetic mount right on. If I'm canning any quantity of beer I'll set the whole thing on a large baking sheet to catch any spills as I've been doing anyway.

20220312_215529092_iOS.jpg
20220312_215617432_iOS.jpg

That's a slick set up. I was in the same boat, couldn't figure out a mounting solution. I have decided I hate the tapcooler set up and quit using it. Maybe I will Fab up a similar mount for my cannular seamer, or sell it.

I used this for the first time today. After some trial and error I’m pretty happy with how it went. The handle of the Oktober is somewhat annoyingly in the way of going from the filler to the seamer but after a few cans I got used to it. I’m pretty happy with the Tapcooler so far. Took a little fiddling to dial it in but not too bad and once I set gas pressures for a keg line and the filler line I could move keg to keg with no adjustments.

Back