Okay I'm an idiot...rant.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsuyako

Reaction score
I had a huge pot in my shed that could comfortably fit my willamette rhizome. The poor thing sat in the fridge for months while I waited for the funds to build a custom trellis.

Did I plant it? Did I notice the pot? Nope! I simply looked it over while my rhizome sat in the fridge.

In the meantime my cascade died...not a good year.

Oh and I did plant the willamette today. Going to run it over the deck until I can build a trellis for it.

Beating yourself up won't help. Learn from it and move on. I have four first year plants in five gallon buckets. They seem to be doing fine. They're just climbing up sticks, branches that were trimmed off trees. I'll get them in the ground and climbing ropes next year. The rhizomes can be had for $4 or $5 in the spring. That's less than a lot of fast food sandwiches!. Save a $20 or two for next Spring and get them growing then. For almost all of us, there's always next year.

Back