Oh THE HUMANITY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brewed an all grain batch today... Copper ale from Midwest Brewing.

Everything went great and i had a yeast starter all ready to go as well.
I mash and sparge, finsh my boil, connect my IC and turn on the hose. I always like to water the plants with the water from the IC so I start to do this and then it happened...tugged a bit too hard on the hose and kerplunk, brewpot topples over and ...wort goes down the drain.

Ohh the humanity.

So what did I do? Brewed up another batch .

I had one tippping over trying to 'water' the lawn with the water from the hose when I noticed my tripod of a burner with ~5 gal of cooling wort was on two legs but I was very lucky and noticed before going all the way over.

It almost makes me consider bolting the legs down to a piece of plywood but open flames and liquid prob not a good idea.

That sucks, big time.

Good for you!!! You get right back on that bike!

I had a similar situation a few months ago where I lost a fair bit of my first runnings on the floor of the garage while I was leaning over the fence talking to the neighbour. I stood there and cried as I peered down at my puddle, but then thought, hey, we'll make a lite IPA. Then was born my "Garage Floor IPA". It's been my favourite so far.:tank:

I am sorry. So, so sorry.

If there is a beer god, it is well cared for this eve. :mug:

A thought: I have two 10 gallon coolers I use during the brew. I fill these with the water out of my IC then water the plants so that I don't have to pull on anything. I am very sorry to hear about your loss, I hope the second batch was even better than the first.

Back