Off to Ireland in the morning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
WOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Killarney, Doolin, Cliffs of Moher, The Burrens and Innish Moore this trip! I get to take my wife this time too.

.... fresh guinness, good tunes, mmmmmm

A trip like this is a great way to let my beer ferment and not constantly check on it, helps me forget about it and let the time pass.

Awesome! I was this close (> <) to taking a class in Ireland this summer. Then the wife and I decided to go on vacation for the two of us instead. Ireland is definitely on the list.

And as soon as one of my friends gets married, I might be able to arrange a bachlor's party in Amsterdam.

I live 4 hours (driving) from Amsterdam, and I still haven't gone. I drove to the Netherlands once, to I think it was Maastricht or something. It was only 2 hours away and ... well ... as far as the herbs go, they have the same laws as Amsterdam.

The Cliffs Rock! I make it to Shannon once or twice a year for work. Limerick has some great pubs that pull a great pint O' Guinness.

Watch out if you are driving. They drive on the wrong side over there. :)

We went to Ireland when we were living in Germany. Been to all those places and more. I really enjoyed Bunratty Castle.

Maastrich was a nice town. We went there for the day, but ended up down the road in Aachen for Charlemagne's tomb in the catherdral there.:D

If its anything like scotland youll have a great time. me and the wife went for 2 weeks. also get an automatic transmission. its easier to drive. i had a manuel , stick shift is on the left also. tooooooo confusing

My dad used to have an old English landrover, it was a stick and you drove on the right side of the car. I learned to drive like the UK folks with it. Definintely renting a manual when I get there, gonna be a little crazy though. I've only driven on the left side of the road once, in New Zealand and that was 6 years ago.

We took a trip to the UK a couple years ago... loved it. We rented the manual tranny and had no problems driving. This country really missed the boat by not using more roundabouts. We'll stop 100 cars and create a traffic jam to let one car enter an intersection...

Back