Off-premisis Sales Issues?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstump

Reaction score
I I took my wife up to Flat Branch Pub and Brewing in the peoples democratic republic of Columbia for dinner and a tall frosty adult beverage or two Sunday afternoon I took my new chistmas present 2 L growler along to fill. When we tried to have the growler filled, they refused because (they said) the capacity wasn't marked on the jug and the surgeon general's warning wasn't screen printed on the jug. Anyone ever run into this kind of thing before? If thgis is going to be an issue, why buy growlers? :confused::confused::confused:

I've heard of brew pubs not filling growlers that are not logo-ed with their own logo. I think it has to do with individual state laws. Of course, even if it isn't against Missouri's laws, you can't make the brew pub fill your growler - did they offer to sell you one of their growlers, like an incentive to buy from them?

Sorry, though, it sounds disappointing.

Latest posts

Back