Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see things haven't changed around here...
Everyone remember last night's game next September when it looks like your kid's Pop Warner team could light up the New England defense. Doesn't matter what they look like in September if they look like THAT in January and February.

I think this game helps delineate "observers" and "fans". If you didn't appreciate this game for what it was you're an observer.

Watching the Patriots defense completely neutralize the highest scoring offense in the entire NFL was/is fascinating. There was so much going on pre-snap it's no wonder the young Goff was generally flummoxed and missed the few opportunities that arose (like Cooks waving in the end zone). Then there was the O-line rendering the two premier LA D-liners functional no-ops - just two tackles and one sack between them.

The only question remaining...is whether the New England Patriots Superbowl Season DVD set will be available before my annual two weeks on a Caribbean Out Island around Tax Day. It'll go nicely with the Red Sox World Series set...

[GFY AZ ;)]

it also appeared the refs called a protest against PI and RtP calls for this game. nice they let the two teams play uninhibited, and that the players didn't let player safety become compromised in the process

Oh yeah...that made theory you guys are going with to make it look like you overcame some giant adversity. Made up ******** controversy. "we're still here" lamest **** ever. God, you people are out of touch with the rest of the world it's mind boggling.

I personally never felt that way. Unfortunately most of that poopy stems from talking heads, not fans or players. Better to still be here than to never be there in the first place. I guess the most high powered offense only putting up 3 points isnt adverse enough for ya huh? So glad they faced a whiz kid of a coach. I guess he's never seen zone defense before.

Oh yeah...that made theory you guys are going with to make it look like you overcame some giant adversity. Made up bullpoopy controversy. "we're still here" lamest poopy ever. God, you people are out of touch with the rest of the world it's mind boggling.

LOL!!!!!!!! Sorry... we’ll try to be more “in touch”... like you. Bwaaaaahahahahahaha!

[emoji183] [emoji183] [emoji183] [emoji183] [emoji183] [emoji183]

I personally never felt that way. Unfortunately most of that poopy stems from talking heads, not fans or players. Better to still be here than to never be there in the first place. I guess the most high powered offense only putting up 3 points isnt adverse enough for ya huh? So glad they faced a whiz kid of a coach. I guess he's never seen zone defense before.

This directly contradicts your previous post about not supposed to beat the Chargers.

i never said that i felt that way. Referring to the heads. Sorry you couldnt grasp that simple concept.

Keep 'em comin....!
There's nothing more entertaining than rabid armchair quarterbacks........

popcorn.jpg

SB LII was not entertaining? hot compost

SB LII was one of, if not THE, greatest coaching chess match played to this point in SB history. aspects of what both teams did defensively will be absorbed into the league in multiple ways in the next couple of seasons.

My god, the delusion is epic. There was really good defense mixed in with really average and really bad play on offense.

My god, the delusion is epic. There was really good defense mixed in with really average and really bad play on offense.

I don’t really understand this. You have the Rams that put up tons of points in the regular season, but put up 3 in the Super Bowl and you call it a bad game for them? Give credit where it is due.
The Pats didn’t have a great offense this year, but a few things break and that game is lopsided. The Pats offense imposed their will in the first half.
Maybe you were watching a different Super Bowl.
I think the really bad play on offense for the rams was a symptom of the amoeba look the defense was giving presnap.
Young quarterbacks don’t have a great history against BB.

I don’t really understand this. You have the Rams that put up tons of points in the regular season, but put up 3 in the Super Bowl and you call it a bad game for them? Give credit where it is due.
The Pats didn’t have a great offense this year, but a few things break and that game is lopsided. The Pats offense imposed their will in the first half.
Maybe you were watching a different Super Bowl.
I think the really bad play on offense for the rams was a symptom of the amoeba look the defense was giving presnap.
Young quarterbacks don’t have a great history against BB.

Y’all forgot the best player in the NFL was hurt?

I did say great defense; there’s no arguing that... but there were some easy missed reads and that interception was a chit show.

Also, don’t take the observation as knock on the Pats win; this was the most impressive one in my estimate.

Why would I be “sandy” or “butthurt”, Cape. It really makes you feel better to think that I bet. Are you a short guy?

NFL films had access to both Belichick and McVay's mikes through the Superbowl and if their pre-kickoff mid-field exchange of pleasantries is any indication the game comments could provide amazing insight into how both teams tried to work their way through the game.
Hoping there's a track on the Blu-ray release...

Back