Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have to admit, that game provided a solid 12 clock minutes of entertainment.

So, Cardinals vs Panthers next week...

Cheers! (That could be a decent game ;))

What a difference having all your guns loaded. This week's Pats looked nothing like the Week 16 & 17 Pats.

If all the wounded from last night recover in time to play next weekend, I really like the Patriots chances of moving on.
I don't see Pittsburg or Denver stopping them...

Cheers!

Alrighty... yesterday went just as expected... now let's get the weekend complete with a tenth one-and-done for Peyton.

Hawks/Panthers will be fun since no matter what, I'm gonna giggle with whichever team loses. That's just a win-win all around.

Not that any of the other games really matter. There isn't a team left that'll give the Pats a fight.

Luckily the Pats still have all the ring sizes from last year. They save some time with that... which is nice.

On a serious note, the Pats looked like their old selves again last night. They haven't played that complete in months, maybe longer. Like Cape said, whoever they play next week wont matter. I do think they will get some competition from the Cards or Panthers though. I'm hoping Denver takes them down, but seeing yesterday I highly doubt it.

Can't believe I just said all that. FML

All part of the master plan. When you are as good as the Pats, you can rest guys pretty much all year. You can take guys you will need for next year's Super Bowl and stash them on IR. Amazing that other teams haven't caught on, although in fairness, other teams pay a defensive lineman half their salary cap.

You have to admit though, they havent played that well in months. I didnt think they had it in them again this year.

They've had a TON of key guys out hurt. It's the case with the Pats, just like it would be with any team, one key guy coming back has a domino effect on the rest of the team. Vollmer coming back is huge because not only is he probably the best o-lineman they have left but now the rest of that line can go back to their natural positions instead of being shuffled all over. Edleman on the field gives Brady his usual safety net but then opens Gronk up that much more. Like I said.. It's a domino effect and the team (like any team) gets that much better all around.

The huge question was just how healthy these guys were going to be and how much rust they were going to have to knock off. Edleman dropped a few balls he usually hangs onto but they were early in the game, he hasn't played in a long time, and I think he got those out of his system quickly.

As a Pats fan... without trash talking... I don't see how you could have hoped that game would have gone any better than it did. The guys you wanted to see healthy looked really solid. I don't think the game was as close as the final score said and I thought the Pats were in control for a very large part if not the whole game.

Now it is a matter of guys staying healthy and seeing what the next couple of weeks bring.

As a Pats fan... without trash talking... I don't see how you could have hoped that game would have gone any better than it did. The guys you wanted to see healthy looked really solid. I don't think the game was as close as the final score said and I thought the Pats were in control for a very large part if not the whole game.

I have to agree with you here. The O-line played lights out last night, probably they best they have all year. I don't think Brady got touched last night, but their game plan played into that as well. Never run the ball and dump it off quick. KC was able to march the field fairly well but couldn't ever capitalize. Pats had momentum almost the entire game.

On this episode of "Sunday Morning Pats Talk": A lonely dolphins fan desperately tries to fit in.

Well, he's gotta find someone to root for now. Once the dolphins, yet again, failed to reach the playoffs, he jumped on the KC bandwagon. Now they're gone, so he's looking for the next bandwagon to jump on. Maybe he's finally realizing he should've been a Pats fan all along.

Not sure he is "rooting" for the Pats now... just being unbiased for two minutes and giving credit where credit is due.

Plus the Packers suck. Not sure if we covered that

Well, he's gotta find someone to root for now. Once the dolphins, yet again, failed to reach the playoffs, he jumped on the KC bandwagon. Now they're gone, so he's looking for the next bandwagon to jump on. Maybe he's finally realizing he should've been a Pats fan all along.

Pretty funny to hear the words "bandwagon" from someone who is from IL, lives in TX, and roots for the Patriots. Who exactly is jumping on bandwagons here? And I never jumped onto the Chiefs bandwagon, as I've mentioned before. They are the hometown team, everyone I know roots for them and I always enjoy seeing them do well, as unusually as that scenario is. I also mentioned that I even attended a KC game this year, something you probably know nothing about. And like Cape mentioned, I took two minutes to be unbiased and share what I saw out of the Pats last night. If you really think I'm going to root for them now you really are insane.

Not sure he is "rooting" for the Pats now... just being unbiased for two minutes and giving credit where credit is due.

Plus the Packers suck. Not sure if we covered that

Relevant, on both points. It was a hell of a playoff game last night though.

And sadly today I will be rooting for the Hawks. Tyler Lockett has had a hell of a year and it couldnt have happened to a better guy. Love seeing players I watched for four years in college be this successful at the next level.

O, look at me go. Jumping on bandwagons again. :D

They've had a TON of key guys out hurt. It's the case with the Pats, just like it would be with any team, one key guy coming back has a domino effect on the rest of the team. Vollmer coming back is huge because not only is he probably the best o-lineman they have left but now the rest of that line can go back to their natural positions instead of being shuffled all over. Edleman on the field gives Brady his usual safety net but then opens Gronk up that much more. Like I said.. It's a domino effect and the team (like any team) gets that much better all around.

The huge question was just how healthy these guys were going to be and how much rust they were going to have to knock off. Edleman dropped a few balls he usually hangs onto but they were early in the game, he hasn't played in a long time, and I think he got those out of his system quickly.

Now it is a matter of guys staying healthy and seeing what the next couple of weeks bring.

The big thing on Edelman's return is how he helps the offensive line. When Brady's in the shotgun and thowing those quick little darts to Edelman, the '86 Bears aren't going to get to him before that pass is away. Brady didn't get sacked once yesterday, did he? I know there were a couple of hits, but I don't remember any sacks.

Separate issue; can someone explain to me why the Cardinals only have four defenders in the end zone on that last Aaron Rodgers hail mary?

Pretty funny to hear the words "bandwagon" from someone who is from IL, lives in TX, and roots for the Patriots. Who exactly is jumping on bandwagons here? And I never jumped onto the Chiefs bandwagon, as I've mentioned before. They are the hometown team, everyone I know roots for them and I always enjoy seeing them do well, as unusually as that scenario is. I also mentioned that I even attended a KC game this year, something you probably know nothing about. And like Cape mentioned, I took two minutes to be unbiased and share what I saw out of the Pats last night. If you really think I'm going to root for them now you really are insane.

From IL? Haha! Goes to show just how little you know about me. And yes, I understood the point of your posts about how the Patriots played last night, but it just wouldn't feel right not giving you a hard time about it.

From IL? Haha! Goes to show just how little you know about me.

I took a stab in the dark, just assuming that is where you were from since your parents live in the area. Just so I know in the future, where are you from. :D

And yes, I understood the point of your posts about how the Patriots played last night, but it just wouldn't feel right not giving you a hard time about it.

O I know, I just couldnt let you walk all over me like that. :mug:

Separate issue; can someone explain to me why the Cardinals only have four defenders in the end zone on that last Aaron Rodgers hail mary?

They didn't want Rodgers to scramble for a 41 yard TD, or dump it off over the middle for a 20 yard gain that would've ended the game. Clearly.

Back