Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live on a somewhat big lake and we get micro-bursts every so often during the summer. We got damage maybe a little bit larger than the usual due to the storm. I guess it was my turn in the neighborhood to get damage. An oak snapped falling on the powerline to my house. Honestly, my whole neighborhood is an old cottage area so living in the woods your gonna get trees on your roof or car under normal situations. Looks like we got a couple of microbursts during the storm. It actually snapped several telephone poles down the street from me. I still don't have power. Luckily no one got hurt. All in all it wasn't that bad.

Eli Manning looking at more things:

tumblr_mcruu48Rjt1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrx63uyIN1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrwwan7Oi1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrta6UmQt1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrsjven7E1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrr604BIl1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrr1ij49Q1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrpajR8XZ1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrptzrqsA1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcro6lGT601rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrocai9Il1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrnkpzk4L1rk82hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mcrngum6d71rk82hno1_500.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Chicago will be 7-1 come Monday morning. I know we barely eeked out a win last week, but I don't think that'll happen again. Last warm up game before a couple tougher weeks!!

The Bears aren't nearly as good as their record indicates. It's easy to win 6 games when you play Jax, Indy (week 1), Detroit (not good), Carolina, and StL. Cutler is 3rd in sacks, has a terrible td/int ratio (nearly 1:1), and are 31st in total yards. Also,there is no way they can keep scoring on D like they do (6 total on D and 15 total on O). Their world is going to come crashing down.

Anyways, love the Giants this week against a Pitt team that has to travel on gameday.

The Bears aren't nearly as good as their record indicates. It's easy to win 6 games when you play Jax, Indy (week 1), Detroit (not good), Carolina, and StL. Cutler is 3rd in sacks, has a terrible td/int ratio (nearly 1:1), and are 31st in total yards. Also,there is no way they can keep scoring on D like they do (6 total on D and 15 total on O). Their world is going to come crashing down.

Anyways, love the Giants this week against a Pitt team that has to travel on gameday.

Yeh, mebbe. Wouldn't be the first time defense carried a team, though. I'm in no way insinuating Super Bowl or anything, but they're one of the tougher teams in the league this year. No where near as good as the NY Football Giants though. :D

Well, my system is going live this week. It's on the table. I've tweaked it a bit. My picks are bolded.

I also had SD -7.5 KC, but calling it after the fact ain't so impressive. I also had to buy off a line or two... cuz paying -130 seems crazy for betting on a 'dog! My picks are listed with the altered lines that I'm actually playing.

BAL -3 *CLE*
HOU -10 *BUF*
*WA* -3.5 CAR
DET -4.5 *JAX*
CHI -3 *TN*
*ATL* -3.5 DAL
*NYG* -3.5 PIT
*NO* -2.5 PHI

The ones I didn't touch are:
DEN -7 *CIN*
SEA -5 *MIN*
MIA -2.5 *IND*
GB -3.5 *AZ*
*OAK* -1.5 TB

Even though I'm not touching those bottom games, I'm still posting my picks for anyone who is curious. My system gets narrower as teams approach .500, so sometimes it seems better to tuck my tail in. Last week was weird, I only would have had action on 2 games (but would have won them both).

I was looking for a drunken image for the latest stoopid posts. Found some, but thought this one was way too epic not to share.

drunk-chick-3.jpg

Go Pack.

HoppyDaze said:
you'd be that tired too if you just banged the entire Los Angeles Lakers squad

I've been waiting for someone to say that.

anyone noticing how it's not very obnoxious in here when the Patriots are on a bye?

Kicking arse, Jays your liability though... He's had little to do with the 31...

Right, the O has been horrible today. He's about as much of a liability this season as Discount Double Check. Let's be real, your Pack are looking up a steep hill this season, luckily the WC will likely come out of the North this year. :mug:

So, think they'll end up putting 60 on the board by game's end?

I'm glad Wilson showed some poise today. And lynch carried well D got slashed but AP will tens to do that.

How about Doug Martin making Oak look like Div 1 team.

Who leads all rookie QBs in touchdown passes? Russell Wilson.
One more win to go before he matches sCam Newton's "magical" rookie season. All three remaining division games are at home. Hawks have definitely positioned themselves for a legitimate run at a wild card spot.

Patriots blow and Cutler goes down on Urlacher.

HoppyDaze said:

Just to get some perspective here, how many starting QBs are rookies this year?

Just to get some perspective here, how many starting QBs are rookies this year?

lmfao. Perspective??? You've come to the wrong forum Emjay.

Actually, interesting stat is the Seahawks are 0-3 in their division. Not saying the Cards or the Rams are gonna make a run at it but if you're going to try to make it to the playoffs year after year, you need to take care of your division.

TheDudeLebowski said:
lmfao. Perspective??? You've come to the wrong forum Emjay.

Actually, interesting stat is the Seahawks are 0-3 in their division. Not saying the Cards or the Rams are gonna make a run at it but if you're going to try to make it to the playoffs year after year, you need to take care of your division.

Ya hoping home cooking puts us at 3-3 to finish but I'm more worried about stamping out the road wins this year and take a WC spot. I don't see the niners letting go of the division so unless they fall off we gotta lock up that wildcard

One more win to go before he matches sCam Newton's "magical" rookie season. All three remaining division games are at home. Hawks have definitely positioned themselves for a legitimate run at a wild card spot.

Patriots blow and Cutler goes down on Urlacher.

haaaaahahahahahhh!!!! week 9 and you're excited about a "run for a wildcard spot"??

loser teams have loser dreams i guess

Back