Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone get ready for the resurgence of Montee Ball.

Crap. I can't even manage a straight face typing that. Here's hoping he doesn't need to come off the bench.

You never know. He was a high draft pick so he has some physical talent. Running out of the shotgun on every play because Manning is an ******* might not have helped his career, but the Pats have a history of taking marginal players and getting high production out them. He's only 25.

You never know. He was a high draft pick so he has some physical talent.

"High draft pick" is meaningless ten minutes after the draft ends. Just look at Trent Richardson, or Lawrence Mauroney, or all the low-pick/undrafted guys that have been successful. I'd be shocked if Ball is even on the active roster. Bolden's not terrible; he's been able to get yards if the line does its job (just like every running back not named Barry Sanders), he can catch out of the backfield, and they trust him to protect Brady.

What I'm really curious about... when the Pats so quickly dumped Jonas Gray last year, and didn't seem to go after him when he was available this week. There MUST have been more going on that just being late to a meeting.

It's all about the skillset; see the hole, hit the hole quickly (no dancing), move the pile, and don't fumble. And if a linebacker blitzes, hit him in the face. You don't need to be a first rounder to be able to do those things.

You never know. He was a high draft pick so he has some physical talent. Running out of the shotgun on every play because Manning is an ******* might not have helped his career, but the Pats have a history of taking marginal players and getting high production out them. He's only 25.

Good points...

And at least he isn't signed to a Haynesworth-like contract. If he works out, awesome for the team. If not, all it'll likely cost them is a fumble or three.

Why are all these posts getting edited by Pappers?

No harm, no foul. A few days ago, there were a handful of posts that crossed a line and another mod/admin needed to remove them. Since then, to keep the thread from being closed or members being banned, I've been keeping an eye on things. If you want to see the details, you can go back a few days in this thread to see my posts, or find them by looking at my posts via my profile. Minor stuff.

I have total confidence in the ability of HBT members and the folks in this thread to creatively insult each other and their teams without crossing those lines again. And I know the Bears suck. The good news is that I don't care.

Last edited:
"High draft pick" is meaningless ten minutes after the draft ends. Just look at Trent Richardson, or Lawrence Mauroney, or all the low-pick/undrafted guys that have been successful.

Shea McClellin, the Bears 1st round choice two or three years ago. He seems like a very nice guy who had great success in college football but sucks at the NFL level.

80% of the league smokes weed, he was dumb enough to get caught. being weed is legal in colorado, most of the broncos must be high as a kite

talk shti, get hit

giphy.gif

Back