Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really not sure what difference you think there is between the 49ers running two pass catching TEs (Davis / Boldin <label him what you want but he's basically a TE who can't block>) and what NE has done over the past several years. NE proved (and is apparently planning on doing so even further this year) that you don't need WRs to be successful. Welker was a tremendous hands guy who runs great routes but even with him not in the game they weren't really having issues. I think they'll be just fine.

As for the tie fighters... They need to start selling those surplus. I need a new ride to work.

I'm really not sure what difference you think there is between the 49ers running two pass catching TEs (Davis / Boldin <label him what you want but he's basically a TE who can't block>) and what NE has done over the past several years. NE proved (and is apparently planning on doing so even further this year) that you don't need WRs to be successful. Welker was a tremendous hands guy who runs great routes but even with him not in the game they weren't really having issues. I think they'll be just fine.

As for the tie fighters... They need to start selling those surplus. I need a new ride to work.

Umm Tom Brady.....that is all.

49ers now and Pats the past couple years are completely different situations. 49ers have a shortage of receivers right now, full stop. Pats over the past couple of years have had a couple of crazy-good TE's plus Welker plus a handful of other role-players at receiver. Pats had bodies to plug in there so they didn't have to completely rely on their TE's all the time. 49'ers right now, not so much...

EDIT: That, and Punity makes a good point: Tom Brady does tend to make up for a lot of shortcomings in an offense...

And a Qb that has more than 10 starts. And didn't lose a wr that accounts for 30%! Of the offense

305790_324296704340275_2074728897_n.jpg

Crabs will be back before the playoffs. Oline is still the best in the league. Defense will be better this year.

Crabs will be back before the playoffs. Oline is still the best in the league. Defense will be better this year.

Better by losing key parts and being older?
Its ok to be thrid best in the div. Someone's got to give the cards hope they might not be last.

49ers now and Pats the past couple years are completely different situations. 49ers have a shortage of receivers right now, full stop. Pats over the past couple of years have had a couple of crazy-good TE's plus Welker plus a handful of other role-players at receiver. Pats had bodies to plug in there so they didn't have to completely rely on their TE's all the time. 49'ers right now, not so much...

EDIT: That, and Punity makes a good point: Tom Brady does tend to make up for a lot of shortcomings in an offense...

I'd consider Manningham better than most of the Pats receivers save Welker. He was out last year. Not this one. Secondly you're assuming no one will step up and play the role at WR in SF which I find highly unlikely. It's a shame they let Moss go since, as strange as it sounds, he kinda stepped up and played the veteran role presumably since he's lost more than a couple steps at this point in his career. They lost him but could replace him with Moss, they lost Crabtree temporarily but adding a giant target WR/TE like Boldin should mitigate some of the Crabtree loss. IE, the 49ers should be pretty much the same team they were last year with more cohesion, experience, and once Crabtree comes back from injury... More talent.

As for Tom Brady... That's a valid point but Brady also wasn't buying them monumental amounts of time either to extend plays or causing defenses to creep up. With SF's running game matched with this new style QB they're going with that's popular right now, I'd argue they accomplish the same type of thing. He's still green. He could take a step back.

I'd consider Manningham better than most of the Pats receivers save Welker. He was out last year. Not this one. Secondly you're assuming no one will step up and play the role at WR in SF which I find highly unlikely. It's a shame they let Moss go since, as strange as it sounds, he kinda stepped up and played the veteran role presumably since he's lost more than a couple steps at this point in his career. They lost him but could replace him with Moss, they lost Crabtree temporarily but adding a giant target WR/TE like Boldin should mitigate some of the Crabtree loss. IE, the 49ers should be pretty much the same team they were last year with more cohesion, experience, and once Crabtree comes back from injury... More talent.

As for Tom Brady... That's a valid point but Brady also wasn't buying them monumental amounts of time either to extend plays or causing defenses to creep up. With SF's running game matched with this new style QB they're going with that's popular right now, I'd argue they accomplish the same type of thing. He's still green. He could take a step back.

Boldin only makes up for Crabs if he somehow has his best year ever. The only way boldin does well is there is a deep threat to keep the safeties honest ie: Jones and Smith. Their first rd draft pick of last year is not looking good in camp and the only other receiver I can name that wasn't injured last year is Lockette who has all the speed in the world but might as well be wearing boxing gloves the way he catches the ball.

And no Brady can't move like kaep, but if kaep is behind the "best" line in the nfl you shouldnt have to buy time.

And no Brady can't move like kaep, but if kaep is behind the "best" line in the nfl you shouldnt have to buy time.
I agree but that further reinforces the point I was trying to get at. You've got a fantastic line to begin with and if you start buying time with your legs when the play finally begins to break down you have even more time not to mention the possibility of having a back pause thinking you're going to run opening up a pass or two. I don't think we'll know for sure til we see them play though.

Manningham is done.

Boldin only makes up for Crabs if he somehow has his best year ever. The only way boldin does well is there is a deep threat to keep the safeties honest ie: Jones and Smith. Their first rd draft pick of last year is not looking good in camp and the only other receiver I can name that wasn't injured last year is Lockette who has all the speed in the world but might as well be wearing boxing gloves the way he catches the ball.

Patton looks good and has legit speed. Kyle Williams is back too. Crabs by November/December. Losing Cully today hurts though.

Patton looks good and has legit speed. Kyle Williams is back too. Crabs by November/December. Losing Cully today hurts though.

Ill believe Crabs comea back late in the year when Harvin doesn't miss a game. Williams unproven off an injury. Willis now banged up probably getting a club. Bowman hurt with a groin and culliver out its not looking good.

Ill believe Crabs comea back late in the year when Harvin doesn't miss a game. Williams unproven off an injury. Willis now banged up probably getting a club. Bowman hurt with a groin and culliver out its not looking good.

Harvin is gonna miss as many games as Crabs. Willis and Bowman are fine. Cully injury sucks. Still better than the Hawks though.

thats where youve been for a month, i thought you finally went way off the deep end, its been so nice around here lately, i guess all good things must end sometime

Back