Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen here f*ckers. I could die if I leave my house it's so f'ing cold. All I got is the Pro Bowl to keep my sanity ok? Now leave me the "F" alone because I got guns, and I'm always packing! :p

I always thought that since the pro bowl is just a popularity thing... fans vote on who they want to see... rather than having an all-star game just have the people voted for go to the superbowl and have a big event the saturday before. It'll be like a fan-fest thing. Fans can come and meet the players, get their autographs and whatnot. Then you have some kind of presentation for them at halftime or before the superbowl. The fans get to vote, the players get to be fluffed by being voted in, they get the checks and we don't have to watch the pro bowl.

I always thought that since the pro bowl is just a popularity thing... fans vote on who they want to see... rather than having an all-star game just have the people voted for go to the superbowl and have a big event the saturday before. It'll be like a fan-fest thing. Fans can come and meet the players, get their autographs and whatnot. Then you have some kind of presentation for them at halftime or before the superbowl. The fans get to vote, the players get to be fluffed by being voted in, they get the checks and we don't have to watch the pro bowl.

Good idea. Hell they can't even give tickets away.

I would vote to turn it into a skills competition. Have it run like the combine with position specific activities. Guys could still go against one another, but less potential for injury. The players get their due and more of the players selected might come, knowing they wouldn't be playing a game.

I'd say turn it into a flag football game, but even that's got danger; that's how Robert Edwards blew out his knee, playing flag football on the beach after his rookie season.

I don't think there's anything they can do to save the Pro Bowl. A skills comp; sure, a few hardcore fans might watch but the viewership would be the same as watching the Combine on NFL Network.

5 out of 7 of the selected Patriots wouldn't have to worry about that anyway because they didn't even show up. Lack of respect for your peers and the game if you ask me. It's not like they were going to the Super Bowl.

Lol, maybe YOU think they're too good and that others are beneath them. Do you wipe your ass with gold-dusted toilet paper too?

... because they're more worried about getting hurt (and hurting their team's chances next season) than they're desirous of showing off in front of the half-dozen fans who care about the Pro Bowl. It's MORE selfish to play in the game than to skip it; all it can do is hurt your TEAM'S chance of success. The game is inherently about the individuals.

5 out of 7 of the selected Patriots wouldn't have to worry about that anyway because they didn't even show up. Lack of respect for your peers and the game if you ask me. It's not like they were going to the Super Bowl.

Totally disagree. When you're as good as the Pats, chances are actually quite high that your opponents will get hurt (feelings-wise, if not physically). So you see, it's actually a gesture of deep respect for their "peers".

Totally disagree. When you're as good as the Pats, chances are actually quite high that your opponents will get hurt (feelings-wise, if not physically). So you see, it's actually a gesture of deep respect for their "peers".

Didn't even think of that but agree 100%.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a *******

Cape does have a point.

And apparently, the Ravens and 49'ers fans just can't bring the trash talk. This place really has been quiet since it's come down to just those two...

If the Niners lose, this will hands down be the biggest superbowl upset since the Pats lost to the Giants in 07. Niners are so heavily favored it's not even funny. And unlike Atlanta they wouldn't have an excuse of the other teams HFA. Niners have to win this SB or it's falt out a giant choke. That said I kinda hope the Ravens win it so someone massively over pays for Joe Flacco.

If the Niners lose, this will hands down be the biggest superbowl upset since the Pats lost to the Giants in 07.

I think it would be the biggest upset since the Ravens beat Denver (with Manning at the helm) 2.5 weeks ago....oh wait...maybe the biggest upset since the Ravens beat the pats 1.5 weeks ago (with Brady at the helm).....etc etc......Ravens own this game...don't be surprised when it happens!

If the Niners lose, this will hands down be the biggest superbowl upset since the Pats lost to the Giants in 07. Niners are so heavily favored it's not even funny. And unlike Atlanta they wouldn't have an excuse of the other teams HFA. Niners have to win this SB or it's falt out a giant choke. That said I kinda hope the Ravens win it so someone massively over pays for Joe Flacco.

I gotta say, I am impressed. That is very possibly the stupidest thing anyone has said yet in this thread, and with moto and hoppy here that is one hell of an accomplishment.

tumblr_lf6mj9JoOh1qdf5lco1_500.gif

Nah 9er fans just know we are superior. We don't have to talk trash to compensate for our teams play

+1

We Niners fans aren't worried...it's fun read what others WHO DON'T EVEN HAVE A DOG IN THE FIGHT HAVE TO SAY. 6 for 6...take that to the bank.

6 for 6...take that to the bank.

I am so effing sick and damn tired of hearing about that. Who gives a rat's ass! If even one single person was still with the franchise from any of them it might mean even a tiny bit, but no. Not a single person. ****! Most of the guys that are on the team weren't even alive for most of them. That is just as bad as the GB fans bringing up all of their "championships."

I am so effing sick and damn tired of hearing about that. Who gives a rat's ass! If even one single person was still with the franchise from any of them it might mean even a tiny bit, but no. Not a single person. ****! Most of the guys that are on the team weren't even alive for most of them. That is just as bad as the GB fans bringing up all of their "championships."

And same with the fussing Yankme fans.

Latest posts

Back