Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see the game last night but I bet I can tell you exactly how it went down. Both teams struggled on offense; scoring was probably done after turnovers left good field position. Snoozer..

Seattle's offense is unbearable at times; good thing the defense can keep them in games. Did SF make a long drive at the end to go ahead? Or did Seattle turn it over?

AZ_IPA said:
I'm still trying to figure that play out. Wasn't really paying attention as it was happening.

They declined the penalty in the endzone (safety) in order to get a measurement? :drunk:

Harboo was using capes math during that time

I didn't see the game last night but I bet I can tell you exactly how it went down. Both teams struggled on offense; scoring was probably done after turnovers left good field position. Snoozer..

No, no turn overs... except for the horrible heave down the field into triple coverage by Wilson that hit the 9'rs CB dead center in the chest, about 9 yards away from Rice.

Seattle's offense is unbearable at times; ..

you got that one right

good thing the defense can keep them in games. ..

ehhhhh... unless someone like Frank Gore starts shredding them for huge chunks of yards every time he touched the ball.

Did SF make a long drive at the end to go ahead?

Not right at the end but yeah... I think it was like an 84 yard drive or something.

Or did Seattle turn it over?

It's was more like AND Seattle turned it over. (see above comment about Wilson hitting the 9'r dead in the chest from 40 yards. Nice lookin' throw though.

Oh... and you forgot your "Pro bowl" QB looking like a dumptruck full of suck.

Seattle's offense is unbearable at times; good thing the defense can keep them in games. Did SF make a long drive at the end to go ahead? Or did Seattle turn it over?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaahahahahaahhaha!!!!

tool of the year award

images

Bunch of cheaters. There should be astericks for 05.

PITTSBURGH -- A doctor released from the Pittsburgh Steelers medical staff five years ago after investigators questioned his bulk purchase of anabolic steroids has been indicted for illegally prescribing the muscle-building aids.

Authorities are not listing the team or any of its players as among the recipients.

Sixty-two-year-old Dr. Richard Rydze is expected to appear before a federal magistrate Friday.

Rydze left the Steelers in June 2007. The FBI accuses him of conspiring to distribute steroids and human growth hormone from September 2007 through March 2011. He also is charged with illegally prescribing painkillers during a slightly longer time frame -- including a few months when he was still with the team.

A Steelers spokesman declined to comment Friday. In 2007, president Art Rooney II said Rydze denied giving players steroids.

Harboo was using capes math during that time

The only thing I can think of is that if he accepts the safety, the ball continues to be "in play" basically but with like 50 seconds on the clock and the 9'rs being up by 9, they would need to get an onside kick, score a TD, get ANOTHER onside kick and kick a field goal... with no time outs...

or...

if he just took the ball then and there on turnover on downs... the game basically ends right there. It's over.

Maybe he didn't want the possibility of guys hurt on a kickoff????

I dunno..

But... it's not crazy or anything. Like I was saying, he just ended the game right then and there. Why bother playing it out? There was no need to. He won. Just flip the switch to "off" and head to the locker room

He knew the ball was short; turnover on downs. take a knee, game over...Super radical concept; but nice overanalysis fellas

Cape Brewing said:
The only thing I can think of is that if he accepts the safety, the ball continues to be "in play" basically but with like 50 seconds on the clock and the 9'rs being up by 9, they would need to get an onside kick, score a TD, get ANOTHER onside kick and kick a field goal... with no time outs...

or...

if he just took the ball then and there on turnover on downs... the game basically ends right there. It's over.

Maybe he didn't want the possibility of guys hurt on a kickoff????

I dunno..

But... it's not crazy or anything. Like I was saying, he just ended the game right then and there. Why bother playing it out? There was no need to. He won. Just flip the switch to "off" and head to the locker room

Then just decline it measure go home. But always got to be a show with him i guess.

Then just decline it measure go home. But always got to be a show with him i guess.

I think you've been hanging out with Hoppy too long.

The refs spotted it as a first down but then called the safety on the penalty. Harbaugh was trying to get a clear idea on the spot before he declined the safety. The refs had called it a first down on one of the most ridiculous spots I have ever seen (it was almost two effin yards). When Harbaugh was told where the spot was, he knew it was bullsht and challenged it. They respotted the ball... No first down... Harbaugh declined the penalty basically ending the game.

Wasn't that complicated actually.

Cape Brewing said:
I think you've been hanging out with Hoppy too long.

The refs spotted it as a first down but then called the safety on the penalty. Harbaugh was trying to get a clear idea on the spot before he declined the safety. The refs had called it a first down on one of the most ridiculous spots I have ever seen (it was almost two effin yards). When Harbaugh was told where the spot was, he knew it was bullsht and challenged it. They respotted the ball... No first down... Harbaugh declined the penalty basically ending the game.

Wasn't that complicated actually.

Hang with someone from Oregon no thanks

Buuuu buuuu buuuuttttt I thought you watched practically every snap of every game?

You can't get an onside kick after a safety, can you?

And he should have just taken the safety. I needed those 2 points.

dataz722 said:
Buuuu buuuu buuuuttttt I thought you watched practically every snap of every game?

You can't get an onside kick after a safety, can you?

And he should have just taken the safety. I needed those 2 points.

Haha gamblers should be the outraged ones this morning

And yes you can onside after a safety

Hmmm... I dunno. I have never heard that but that doesn't mean it ain't right.

Technically it is a "free kick" but isn't it treated like a punt as far as possession goes? I really don't know, but I would assume an onside would be much easier on that since you could kick it practically straight up in the ai so there has to be some rule against it.

Never even implied that....new material please

You sure about that?

ok Hoppy - have you watched every single play in every single professional football game this year?

if not, how can you possibly formulate an opinion on "hardest running" runningback?

i mean, give me a break.

Yeah I have the redzone...I see most plays. I thought that about him before he came to Seattle. Why so concerned about it? Worry about your sh!tty team and your underdeveloped analysis of it...

Edit - damn moto beat me to it. That one stings a bit.

I see most scoring plays yes.... I figured you guys knew what the redzone channel was. But seriously, try to consider context of that conversation instead of manifesting your own so you talk meaningless trash. It's pathetic

lol! do you have the reading comprehension of a six year old??

i asked if you saw every single play (not just scoring plays)
you said, "i have teh (sic) redzone. i see most plays."

I see most scoring plays yes.... I figured you guys knew what the redzone channel was. But seriously, try to consider context of that conversation instead of manifesting your own so you talk meaningless trash. It's pathetic

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Irony?

And.....

Hi, you must be new here. Welcome to the "Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread".

lol! do you have the reading comprehension of a six year old??

i asked if you saw every single play (not just scoring plays)
you said, "i have teh (sic) redzone. i see most plays."

Um, you're not understanding my point... and I really, really don't care enough to explain it to your dumb ass...So, with that, I'll move on and you can keep using the extremely pathetic redzone reference to make you feel better about how fuking retarded you are.

Um, you're not understanding my point... and I really, really don't care enough to explain it to your dumb ass...So, with that, I'll move on and you can keep using the extremely pathetic redzone reference to make you feel better about how fuking retarded you are.

Moto's doing a pretty good job defending himself today, but the full context of that quote is:

motobrewer said:
ok Hoppy - have you watched every single play in every single professional football game this year?

if not, how can you possibly formulate an opinion on "hardest running" runningback?

i mean, give me a break.

Yeah I have the redzone...I see most plays. I thought that about him before he came to Seattle. Why so concerned about it? Worry about your sh!tty team and your underdeveloped analysis of it...

So... maybe you want to just sit back for a little while. Watch some football games, maybe get your older brother or your dad to explain it to you. Read EPSN, and footballoutsiders, sites like that. Get a new user name and come back next year.

oh, right - "running hard" is only important in the context of scoring plays only.

"reading comprehension - not just for six year olds anymore"

Latest posts

Back