O-ring size for Sanke/Triclover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNatural

The Original, beware of imposters.
Reaction score
Building inverted keggle MLT and sanke fermentor. Don't like how they mate up to T/C fittings with silicone gaskets. Looks like O-ring would fit, and cover the notches for retaining ring.

Anyone with any happy experiences that can recommend size/cross section that works?

Thanks........

Ok, I guess no happy endings.

Off to do the pioneer thing...............

I carefully cut the raised part off one side of a regular TC gasket. I like to use the TC gaskets that have the outer alignment lip to completely cover the notches in the keg lip.
I really doubt an o-ring in the groove will cover the notches.

I've got some of those with the lip. Do you get an even clamp grip after trimming the indent ring?
Also going to see if my buddy can machine the sanke side of the clamp to address the root problem.

I do get an even grip. When I first started using it, I thought for sure it wasn't going to work, but after quite a few batches, works better than ever. Got one fermenting right now. I've heard of guys making their own gasket from a flat piece of thinner rubber.
I've thought about machining off the Sanke lip, but can't figure out a good fixture for machining.
To me, the problem is the lip is too thick, and the notches are in the way on the Sanke.

The 1sided flat gaskets on the keg outlet work great with a 2" triclover flange and clamp

Back