O Ring Falls Into Keg...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balysomi

Reaction score
While pulling the top of the keg off, the o ring fell into the keg to the bottom of the beer. New to kegging so question is, leave it or sanitize arm and go in after it?? thanks

You know this has never happened to my but you have now added to my list of brewing paranoias every time I open a keg now :eek:

LMAO, I've had this almost happen a few times due to keg lube really sticking that ring to the top when I remove the lid. Yeah as mentioned, if you have a spare simply leave it in and use another o-ring. If you don't have a spare, well then there's the answer to that! :D

Rev.

Im glad you posted this because it just happened to me. Luckily i keep a bunch of extra keg parts around and i quickly sanitized and threw a new one on. So nothing to worry about with the oring sitting on the bottom for a month or so?

Thanks all! Glad to know I am not the only one dropping orings in the keg! Fortunately I had a spare so the other will be drunk at the bottom for awhile!

Latest posts

Back