NY Brew Supply...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetesBrew

Reaction score
I purchased a counterflow wort chiller from this company last season and used it maybe for six or seven batches of brew. It seemed that I made a good investment in my brewing equipment. The quality seemed okay and there were no issues...until my first batch this year.

During setup and my leak check, water started coming out of the beer line and I knew that wasn't good. :confused:

I called the company FOUR times and emailed them once. They never returned my calls or email. They have no one answering the phone, it goes right to voice mail at all times.

Since being abandoned by the company, I took apart my defective chiller and found that it had been kinked when it was manufactured. Unfortunately, it was at least six feet or so in, so it's now a $10 copper scrap pile that I paid $80 for.

Stick with proven companies that have customer service, even if you have to pay a few more bucks....lesson learned!

Dammit! I just bought the same chiller... I hope I don't have the same experience as you.. :(

Good customer service is very important. I recently bought a bunch of parts from kegconnection and they seemed to be having a bit of a quality control issue and I got a couple of damaged parts from them, which were obviously damaged before being packaged for shipping. After emailing them, they fixed everything and now i'd recommend them to friends instead of saying to stay away.

I hate bad customer service. :(

If you post up a few picks of the chiller and the damaged area we might be able to walk you through repairing it.

I pretty much dismantled the chiller looking for the leak, but I appreciate the offer.

Jeff from the company finally returned my calls. He said he would look into what they can do for me. I'll update on their solution.

I pretty much dismantled the chiller looking for the leak, but I appreciate the offer.

Jeff from the company finally returned my calls. He said he would look into what they can do for me. I'll update on their solution.

No Solution! He said that he couldn't find my purchase in the new sales system, so the best he could do was offer 30% off another chiller....:(
It's not worth the possibility of receiving another defective product. I'd rather invest a little more into a plate chiller like the ones from Dudadiesel. I've seen good reviews on their products.

I have never ordered from them before, but they have a 50' SS IC for $70.99 with garden hose fittings, so I bought it from them. I got an order confirmation and a shipping notice within an hour. We'll see if it "actually" shipped that fast in a day or two once I check the tracking but as far as response goes, not bad. Sorry you had trouble with them. I haven't had to contact customer service yet, crossing my fingers that I don't have to.

Got the SS IC today. Looks great! No complaints with them. They even sent a coupon for another order. With turn around like that I would do business with them again.

Back