Now What

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Citrus

Reaction score
I am making Apfelwein and it will be done in a few weeks. My question is what to do when it is done. I will not be bottling, as I don't have any and this is for a holiday party. I have heard of siphoning off, but I don't have another carboy right now (in use). Could I siphon it off into sterilized 2 liter or gallon bottles? I am basically tring to get all of the dead yeast and such that settles out of the brew.

Hmmm... Is there no way you can bottle or keg it? You probably want it to age a bit, and really, 2 liters is kind of a funky way of doing it...

Ize

Yes. It won't hurt the Apfelwein any if you let it sit in primary for more than a month. I think Ed's said before that he will leave his in primary for up to 3 months, without any problems. I personally leave my Apfelwein in primary for a month, then rack and let sit another month to clear before I bottle.

Latest posts

Back