Now understand the draw of glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had batches infected by scratched buckets, and I've encountered the "suck back" problem when picking up a bucket. I've also had a bug make its way into a bucket a long time ago. Hasn't happened with carboys.

I've only done 300 or so batches in buckets so far, but I've never had either of those happen.

Of course. Because your buckets aren't O2 permeable, are totally scratch-proof, are stiffer than cast iron, and have perfect seals.

Uh huh...

The beer only stays in the buckets for maybe a week or 2, so O2 permeability isn't an issue. The seals are tight and the buckets are stiff enough that I've never had suck back. What can I tell you?

I love using glass carboys so I can watch the yeast beasties turn wort into beer. In fact, I'm thinking of hooking up my camcorder to its power cable so the battery doesn't run down, and set it up to do a time lapse video of the active fermentation when I get around to another brew day. :mug:

I'd like to buy one of this!
I also read that some are made in Italy but in Italy are very hard to find!

Latest posts

Back