Note to Self (brew notes reminder)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSponge

Reaction score
Just a bit of documentation lest I lose my paper notes.

Dual 1/2 gallon ciders:
Basis:
Motts Natural ("Fresh pressed 100%"). SG is 1.050, Total Carb 27g, sugar 27g. Cloudy.
Kedem ("100% juice, no sugar", "All natural Apple Juice"). SG is 1.047, Total Carb 27g, sugar 23g. Clear.

Mixed together , final SG is 1.049. Split into two containers.
Added xx brown sugar to one, SG 1.070

05/20/09: 1.049 & 1.070
05/24/09: 1.018 & 1.046
05/29/09: 1.004 & 1.019
05/31/09: Racked, and lost my SG readings. :(

Originally, I intended on monitoring the SG more closely and stopping the fermentation while there was some residual sweetness. That didn't happen. Since racking, Have been meaning to bottle and let age peacefully, but evidently they're gonna be happy where they're at, until I find the time.

I got a three "ring" composition binder like I used to use in High School for research papers and gathered up all my brew notes once upon a time.

On brew day I leave the collection on the shelf and work off the one page recipe / notes page. Once I pitch the one page goes at the back of the book... hard to lose the whole book, though I guess I could do that.

Heh heh heh... *I* could lose a whole notebook. I am a paper guy... print outs, articles clipped from magazines, books, magazines, small notebooks, large notebooks, 3x5 cards, receipts, etc. I got it all... and I try to carry it all. I travel, and I brew in at least two places. And eventually I wind up losing one thing or another... hence, this. I hope I don't lose the forums!

:)

07/05/09: bottled both sets, and forgot to take readings.

Of the two, got two 20 oz bottles out of each, and a good 8 ounces each left over for sampling. The non-supplimented one was dry, passable but slightly beer-y. The supplimented one was again slightly beer-y, but sweeter.

Strangely, after drinking both of the samples, I noticed a high pressure feeling in both ears, accompanied by a buzzing-rushing sound. Also, the lights in the house dimmed a little, and evidently the ground that the house sits on was tipping to the south slightly. I think that perhaps it was an inner-ear problem, but there is a chance that there was something wrong with either the cider or the cup that I drank out of. It was a temporary problem, and passed in an hour or so. I wonder if anyone else has had their cider cause inner-ear problems like that?

I knew it would make u go blind. j/k
did u stand up and that happened?
sucks, but this is a good idea. i usually print out my Beersmith sheets and take notes on them or stickies on the units.

Back