Not sure which way to go on Kolsch Brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman52

Reaction score
Hi All.
I made some Kolsch oh about 5 weeks ago. It is still in the secondary fermentor. I want to keg it but the kegerator won't be ready buy then. (I am repairing a 1932 monitor top frig. I will be turning into the keggerator. I am waiting on a part.) Can I still keg it put CO2 on it and store it in a 38 deg frig for say another 3-4 weeks with out using it, will it stay OK?

Or should I go with 2 liter growlers which I have really ready to go they just need cleaning, or do half and half? I kind of want to see what it will taste like also.
Thanks

Hi All.
I made some Kolsch oh about 5 weeks ago. It is still in the secondary fermentor. I want to keg it but the kegerator won't be ready buy then. (I am repairing a 1932 monitor top frig. I will be turning into the keggerator. I am waiting on a part.) Can I still keg it put CO2 on it and store it in a 38 deg frig for say another 3-4 weeks with out using it, will it stay OK?

Or should I go with 2 liter growlers which I have really ready to go they just need cleaning, or do half and half? I kind of want to see what it will taste like also.
Thanks

Keg that bad boy up and put it on gas...CO2 will start dissolving into the beer and will keep your beer nice and ready for you when your keezer is all fixed up!

:mug:

I find that my Kolsch needs 3 or so weeks in the keg to really shine. I think the beer will benefit from that time to sit.

I'm on my second kolsch and they do like to age at lower temps. After 3 weeks you'll end up with a very crisp, clear beer.

Just make sure you let the keg sit upright for a day before tapping it if you are storing it on its side. Give everything a chance to settle out to the bottom.

Back