not sure what to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmurda

Reaction score
i have a triple in secondary but i want to bottle a 12 pack and keg the rest. how much primming sugar do i need to add to each bottle. i went to the hbs but they dont have carb. tabs. what should i do? all i have is corn sugar. i dont have a beer gun either.

1) Put about a standard teaspoon of any granular sugar in any 12 oz bottle, and it should work pretty well. Actually it will foam up like hell normally, and is kind of a two person job.

2) Unless you have a current beer gun license you should not be discussing beer guns. They will eventually come looking for you, even if you say you do not have one. Oh yeah, you just said you do not have a beer gun, so that works. Thats exactly what I would say also.

u say to use just table sugar? or the corn sugar? then i just put it in there like that and fill the bottles?

You don't need a beer gun to bottle from a keg. I use the tube from a bottling wand, it fits inside the opening of a standard picnic tap (cheap black tap) and a long (8 - 10ft or more if you have it) beverage line. I usually bottle a couple of cases from every batch to donate to my beer charities (friends). You can get a very good fill with a little practice, and you know exactly what is going in the bottle in terms of flavor and carb level.

Back