Not sure if I've seen this reciepie here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael88n

Master Napper
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this in a book. Anyone try it?

Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V
Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it (in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia).
Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones.
Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian suns deep into the heart of the drink.
Sprinkle Zamphour.
Add an olive.
Drink...but very carefully.

Forty-two

What was the question, again? :D

Here are some thing I found on Teh Intarwebz:

To make a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster using Terran ingredients:
Take the liquid contained in a 200 ml (6.75 oz) bottle of EverClear to remind you that your head will be clear forever if you drink too many Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, and that your brain will clear of anything soon after you start drinking some, if not before.Into it, slowly pour a 750 ml (25 oz) bottle of Bombay Sapphire to remind you of the marvelous beauty of the old Santraginean seas, or an equal amount of Jeremiah Weed in acknowledgement of what has happened to the Santraginean Seas and their lifeforms.Now add 750 ml (25 oz) of Cold Wild Turkey, letting it run into the mixture as we run through life to remind us of all the lifeforms we meet and experience while hitchhiking through the galaxy.Speedily stirring, add 375 ml (12.7 oz) of Herradura Tequila, mixing it in to commemorate the galactic hitchhikers who died of pleasure among the vapors and gasses in the marshes of Fallia.Over the bowl of a silver spoon, let flow 1 litre (34 oz) of rum in memory of the waterfalls and their glorious rainbows encountered on your journeys through the galaxy of life.Next, drop in the worm found in a bottle of Musquil, watching it dissolve into the mixture. If the bottom falls out and the worm survives, drink at your own risk.Finally, sprinkle into the mixture some Gatorade to commemorate the lifeforms which have vanished and are becoming extinct, both sentient and non-sentient, especially those most in need of aid. If this many Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters are too many for the number of people you think you are, mix together the following amounts of ingredients as described above for a single serving.

Recipe from Project Galactic Guide

Another recipe posted online [1] calls for:This makes one approximately 18 ounce (0,5 l) Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. The reason this drink seems so large is that Zaphod Beeblebrox has two heads, so when he created it, it came out to 9 ounces (2,5 dl) per head, so both were happy.
Before drinking, eat one olive to create a sweetness in it which is not there. Drink extremely carefully at your own risk, and remember where your towel is (if you can).
Here's another:

Recipe reverse-engineered from a stain on RJ Lanning's towel
  • 1 oz vodka (that Ol' Janx Spirit)
  • 1 oz Clamato (oh, those Santraginus fish)
  • 1 oz ice cold gin (Arcturan Mega-gin)
  • 4 oz Zipang Sparking Sake (Fallian marsh gas)
  • 1 oz Creme de Menthe (Qalactin Hypermint extract)
  • 1 Jalepeno (tooth of an Algolian Suntiger)
  • Sprinkle with lemon zest (Zamphuor)
  • add an olive

I'm planning to make the last recipe next Towel Day, subbing club soda for the Sparkling Sake.

Or maybe not. Here's one I'll try this evening, methinks, because I've got the ingredients on hand:

Vodka
Blue curacao
Gin
Club soda/tonic water
Goldschlager
A cinnamon stick
Lemon zest
An olive

I like the idea of a blue drink with gold flecks floating in it. ;-)

Thanks for all the fish!

Bob

Latest posts

Back