Not quite a bottle bomb......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMann

Reaction score
Made some hard lemonade a couple of months ago, and bottled with coopers carb tabs. Been in my brew closet since, and was organizing it tonight, when i thought i would try one. Picked it up, cleared nicely. Grabbed my bottle opener, and "pow", as i was starting to pop it, it did it itself. Sounded like a shotgun going off. Cap flew across the room, and lemonade shot about 10 feet out. I tried a couple more, and same thing. I stuck them in my kegerator, to cool off, do you think that after they cool down, they will be safer to open? Man I feel lucky, saved from the bottle bombs.

Yeah as long as evrything was sanitized ok and this is not a gusher, dont even know if that is possible with hard lemonade. Secondly, yes cool it for a few days, not just a few hours. I have found this makes a drastic difference.

sometimes all it takes is a tap in the right place and the glass will shatter, have any of you ever sabered a champagne bottle before?

Back