Norwegian built BREWTOOLS B80 all in one brewing system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highland_brewer

Short Circuited Brewers
Reaction score
This new brewing system has arrived in the USA. 23 gallon 6kw powered brewing system.
www.brewtools.com for the rest of the stats. Here are some photos with comparison to the 65L Robobrew and the Gen3 Robobrew. I will be doing a full review in the near future.
IMG_-wtl0uz.jpg
IMG_-ew8jzh.jpg
IMG_20190401_194344_253.jpg
IMG_20190401_194344_252.jpg
IMG_-89v72q.jpg

Looks well built, interested to see what kind of pump they put in there. They only mention a pump with a "24v brushless motor". But I have to say, how many single vessel electric systems do we need? They all do the same thing with the same design now.

I'm curious to see the development of this system over the next year. I've been brewing on a Grainfather for several years now and I'm at the point where I'm brewing nearly every weekend I can't keep up with consumption. This still meets my needs for an all in one system but it looks like it could do up to 15 gallon batches and isn't underpowered, 6kW!

The control panel design and future software updates will be the deciding factor.

Looks well built, interested to see what kind of pump they put in there. They only mention a pump with a "24v brushless motor". But I have to say, how many single vessel electric systems do we need? They all do the same thing with the same design now.
I agree but how many of these systems are actually sized for brewing 10 gallons? This one has real power. A 6000w compared to all the repurposed 2 element hot water urn systems and always in development systems that seem to be using thier customers as beta testers as they constantly try to fix engineering flaws and mass failures often on the customers dime and time. It seems theres a new and improved version of many of these systems every other week. The design seems to still be benefiting from improvement based on this.

As far as the pump its likely a variant of the smaller plastic pumps like the tan 24v foodgrade pumps I use on my home brew setup. possibly a TD5 but honestly either would work well as long as the false bottom/ filtering system prevents them from plugging. thats always a possibility with smaller pumps.

The pump is a TD5.

I agree about the number of singe vessel systems, but this is a well thought brewer. The build quality er very good and things like a concave bottom with center drain makes the brewday a breeze. I use 10-15 mins to clean the B80 after a brewday.

Well I've had a chance to brew on it a couple of times. Still trying to have a 100% trouble free brewday. Notice I did not say successful. If you end your brew day with wort in a fermenter I consider that a success. However the journey there is sometime not so easy!!

Here is a video I made about it!

Wow, pricey. The have B40 which is too small for my needs and the B80 which is overkill. I need a B60. That being said, I think the price point is too high as far as bang for the buck for me. Note that my definition of "buck" in "bang for the buck" may differ from others. We all have our own needs and this does some things I don't need and is sized awkwardly for my range of brewing.

Expensive....yes, but don't be surprised when the Grainfather G70 comes in at $1500 and they slap an under-powered 3000 watt element on it. For a little more it seems like you get a lot more flexibility, fully replaceable parts, bigger batches, and more power than the other comparable systems on the market.

With that being said, I don't think their target market is the Grainfather or Robobrew and it's many clones. This system seems to be targeted at the folks looking at the SS brew electric system, Blichmann Breweasy, or a higher end system but don't necessarily have the room and still want something they can customize to their needs.

The B80pro seems to be intriguing to to say the least. Capable of 1/2 barrel batches with moderate ABV but can crank up the ABV for a 10gal batch.

There seems to have been a race to the bottom on the single vessel systems over the last year with most of the new systems being based on the same clone with companies just slapping their brand name on it. For those in the 3d printing world it's a very familiar thing that's happening. It's kind of nice having a new entry into the market place for a purpose built system.

Any idea if it can brew 5 gallon batches too?

From what I've heard 5 gallon batches (6 gallons into fermenter) are definitely possible. I believe that's the lowest liquid amount to keep the elements submerged completely. I can't find anything official on their website, but highland_brewer on his youtube channel pointed it out at some point if I recall.

Yeah you can do 5 gallon batches on it per the video and in the comments on the video. The quality, fit and finish appear to be really good. Of course, I need to see it it person first to confirm that. I just sold my Braumeister 20L(which was a really solid machine), but I bought it for doing small 2.5 gallon batches and then never did. On my 3 vessel, it's big and bulky and takes FOREVER to clean. Id possibly get rid of my current 3 vessel if this thing works out.

So, would you buy this over the Braumeister 20L plus?

Yes! It fits my needs better. I loved the Braumesiter and it was built really well. That said, it was made to do 5 gallon batches(2.5 with the short malt pipe), and maxed out at a 1.062 gravity. Yes there were work arounds but I didn't want to have to add DME or double mash.

With the BT80pro, I can do 5gallon to 1/2BBL batches which is what size batches I brew now, depending on if I'm testing recipes(6 gallons into fermenter) or brewing a 1/2BBL(usually 17 into fermenter) for events. Plus I'm not restricted to a certain gravity and I like how they keep coming out with software and hardware updates. The screen is super nice and loaded with info. All pluses in my book. If it brews beer as good and clean as my 3 vessel does, it would eliminate the need for having two systems and would hopefully make cleanup quicker and easier.

Last edited:
Will they sell the volume they need to survive?

Robobrews sell by the thousands, these by the tens? Probably not hundreds but it may be just somebody’s hobby rather than a business with investors expecting large returns.

That's m
Will they sell the volume they need to survive?

Robobrews sell by the thousands, these by the tens? Probably not hundreds but it may be just somebody’s hobby rather than a business with investors expecting large returns.

That's my only concern with any new company. Braumesiters aren't cheap either but they still sell a bunch and have been around a long time. Again, for my needs, this is the best route.

Braumeister service micro breweries though, they have a much wider clientele base.

Have you bought one?

Yeah you are right. Didn't think about that. However, Brewtools is already coming out with another larger system. I'm sure they will get there eventually.

Import taxes into the UK over £300 bringing it over 2K. Or $2800 with the starter pack.

No owners on here or any of the UK forums I can find unfortunately.

Braumeister service micro breweries though, they have a much wider clientele base.

Have you bought one?

I actually have one coming as we speak. It got held up in customs. There is a group on Facebook and there are some UK and Canadian users on there that have them.

I’m not on Facebook and never will be. Mine is now sat in my garage so I hope the other users visit the forums.

Congratulations on the purchase, I feel insane ‘pulling the trigger’ as you guys say but it will see good use for the best decade or so hopefully.

strangly the signature in Electric brewing cos last post shows his new AG build appears to be a 3 vessel system and not the one he mentioned buying a year ago here?
It is, but what was it before? The brewtools sure looks great and meets my requirements. but the UniBrau does too (I just haven't found a video of anyone brewing on it).

Its a great vessel honestly, I have the B80 but some of the stuff is expensive, its the truth. But having a 5 year warranty and every part replaceable is worth it. Even upgrading the heating elements to 240 if you upgrade ur electric panel is tops. The fact that the customer service is done within hours, not days says something also.

Its a great vessel honestly, I have the B80 but some of the stuff is expensive, its the truth. But having a 5 year warranty and every part replaceable is worth it. Even upgrading the heating elements to 240 if you upgrade ur electric panel is tops. The fact that the customer service is done within hours, not days says something also.
Is it possible to do a high gravity 5 gallon batch on the B80 system? Say 25lbs of grain for 5 gallons? I'm pretty set this is what I will buy next, but I just priced myself out of a new brew system for now (I'd want to get it with the accessory kit). I believe I can run it off a 240v 14-30, if I lower the current the elements can pull via the software. Tempted to buy something else in the meantime, but really trying not to!.

Tossing up between an 80 or 150.

Does anyone know the minimum ccapacity of the 150??

Long term looking at HG 100 liter batch/lengths but in the short term would prefer a little less

Thank you

Tossing up between an 80 or 150.

Does anyone know the minimum ccapacity of the 150??

Long term looking at HG 100 liter batch/lengths but in the short term would prefer a little less

Thank you

Their site says 35L minimum liquid volume.

Many thanks.

I'm assuming that would be the required amount to cover the elements.

I did see a mention somewhere of a minimum preboil volume of 50 liters however had a chat to our distributor who suggested that might be pushing it under real life conditions.

Back