Northern Brewer Single Reconditioned Corny Draft System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittbrewing

Reaction score
Saw that NB has a deal right now on a single corny keg with all components necessary except CO2. Its just a picnic tap, but comes with their dual regulator. I'm interested in buying this, but can anyone tell me if this is a good deal for $99?

Yes that seems a decent deal, if nothing else convenient. If you could score a co2 tank for free or cheap, it changes the deal. Is the corny new?

I bit the bullet and went for it. Ill post here whats its like when I get it. UPS is delayed due to the weather. I found another used corny and 5lb CO2 tank locally. 35 for the tank and 30 for the corny. Tank is like new. Corny is in good condition too

I got that setup for Christmas and have a Vienna lager in it right now. I'm going to try the beer for the first time tomorrow. So far everything has worked great with this system. I will warn you that the keg might look pretty rough. Mine looks like it was dropped from a 3 story building a few times but it holds pressure so I am happy.

Started drinking beer out of mine Sunday and I am very happy. I did add a hose clamp to the end of the hose with my picnic tap on it because it made me nervous not having one.

Got mine, hoses and regulator are nice. regulator is a little jumpy, but overall happy for the price. The keg on the other hand... it reeked of soda, but I kinda figured as such so I threw Oxy clean in it. ALL of the o rings were shot. Completely useless. Cracked and ripped. And the air side tube (plastic btw) was flared at the bottom so it was pain to get out and I couldn't get it back in. So I contact NB and the guy was super nice and said he would send me some replacement seal kits, and since they don't carry that tube anymore, I get a new keg for free! That was monday, and today still no confirmation/email. So I messaged them again, and hopefully it will be sent out finally tomorrow. All in all, I would recommend, especially for someone who doesn't have a clue on what to buy and set it up.

Just got mine today very clean inside and no smell.
The outside looks just how I thought it would look with one dent.

qLqjGszl.jpg

Last edited:
Recieved my kit late due to UPS. Keg still had pressure and was pretty clean inside. The keg looked alot better than I thought it would. When I disassembled to clean, the o-rings on the dip tubes were falling apart so I replaced all o-rings. A good start to kegging.

Back