North East OHIO group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping to have everything organized by tomorrow evening which means people can start picking up Wednesday evening.

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - You are welcome to come pick up the grains anytime between 6-9pm

Saturday - I will not be in town, no picks ups that day. However, I will be traveling to Steubenville, Ohio that day so if that is close to anyone I can bring it with me.

Sunday - Pick up anytime from 9am - 9pm

Monday - Will have to play it by ear. It's a holiday and I might have things going on. If you want to pick up Monday then email me and lets set a time.

If there is still grain to be picked up after next Monday then a time and day will have to be planned out.

This is a massive pallet so i was informed I cannot keep it here at the shop, I am loading it in the box truck and it will be delivered to my home tonight so that is where the pick ups will occur, Poland, Ohio.. You all should have my home address, if not then email me for that info.

I actually seperated the grains last night, I had some extra time. If people want to pick up today you can from 6-9.

For everyone: Call me when you are on your way. I will give you a description of the house and review directions. You should have my number already. If not, email me.

Pics of the grain

One is everything on the pallet and one is of everything seperated by brand and type. What an amazing site to see!

dave pics 862.JPG

dave pics 868.jpg

That's a thing of beauty!

Dave - I'm planning on a Thursday pickup. Depending on how long it takes me to get there, I'd estimate a 7pm arrival. Let me know if that still works.

Those pictures rock! I'm planning on an early-ish Sunday Pickup 11:00am approx. To those that I've committed to picking up: I'm still down w/ that, but if you need (or want) your malt before then, I understand, this jury duty kind of threw me a curve ball. email me or post your preferences.

-d

I need 1 extra grain bag, for people who still need to pick up, can you please bring one bag with you even if you dont have any half bags to pick up? After someone brings me a bag and you show up with one ill tell you i dont need it. Thanks.

Everyone, I will be picking up my grains tomorrow evening. I live in Ashtabula county. If anyone would like me to pick up their grains and then pick them up from me up north, I will do that. Just PM me with who you are and what grains I need to pick up.

Thank David for all your hard work. All the booty made it home and ready for the next brew date. I also appreciate sharing the brew information. Thanks for the stout. It was delicious. Until the next grain buy.
BB

Thank David for all your hard work. All the booty made it home and ready for the next brew date. I also appreciate sharing the brew information. Thanks for the stout. It was delicious. Until the next grain buy.
BB

No problem buddy. Thats what this hobby is all about.

I was thinking about doing another group buy next month for people who wanted more or didn't get a chance to get in on this one but organizing something like this really does take a lot of time. I think I am going to hold off for a couple months. However, I have everyones e-mail written down (instead of stored on a computer that can get stolen!) so when I go to do this again I will inform you all before I post it here.

For everyone that has not picked up their grain yet, bring some home brew with you to sample. ShaneCB brought me 2 bottles yesterday that I have yet to try but that was very thoughtful. Thank you.

I have a couple of westvleteren clones for you when I come up tonight. See you around 5...maybe a little sooner if I can!

Thanks Pola got back to Cleveland safely. The trip brought back many memories of driving that very route to meet up w/ my dad when it was his weekend to have us. I got pulled over on the way there and the cop asked me where are you going? I told him to pick-up grain and he gave me a weird look so I explained. I told him how I make my own beer therefore I got the question "have you been drinking tonight?" I laughed and he said slow down, be careful and have a good night! The BEER GODS at work :rockin:

No problem buddy. Everyone has their grain now so happy brewing! I hope to do this again soon but not as soon as i hoped. Ill be in touch. It was a pleasure to do business with you all.

pola0502ds said:
Shoot me an email and i will forward you the price list pdf

[email protected]

I always seem to miss these group buys! I missed the Pittsburgh one also! Please add me to your contact list.

One another thought, would be fun to get together with some local brewers either at Vintage Beer or wherever. Have homebrew and willing to trade as well. I live just west of salem, oh.

Bmickey,

If you want to put together a local gathering at the VE then I suggest you starting a new thread and see if you get any responses. I would be willing to do that, it sounds fun. Once you create the thread, post a link in this thread so maybe some of the guys involved in this group buy can join us.

Send me a e-mail at [email protected] - I don't have a list I am just saving everyones email address, so if you want in on the group buy then do that. I have my phone number posted somewhere in this thread, please don't call it asking for information on the next group buy. That was intended for people of the last group buy.

The next group buy, when will it happen? I don't know, maybe a few months from now. I've brewed 70 gallons in the past 2 months so i'm brewing alot and often so chances of doing another group buy within those 3 months is good.

pola0502ds said:
Bmickey,

If you want to put together a local gathering at the VE then I suggest you starting a new thread and see if you get any responses. I would be willing to do that, it sounds fun. Once you create the thread, post a link in this thread so maybe some of the guys involved in this group buy can join us.

Send me a e-mail at [email protected] - I don't have a list I am just saving everyones email address, so if you want in on the group buy then do that. I have my phone number posted somewhere in this thread, please don't call it asking for information on the next group buy. That was intended for people of the last group buy.

The next group buy, when will it happen? I don't know, maybe a few months from now. I've brewed 70 gallons in the past 2 months so i'm brewing alot and often so chances of doing another group buy within those 3 months is good.

Thanks for the reply Dave!

Let me contact my buddy with the account at country malt group and see if he's ready to place an order.

where abouts in NE OH would pick up be? i'm in pittsburgh and need grain though the group buy doesn't seem to be happening. i'd be down for probably 5 bags.

If this opens up, I could easily get 4 sacks, and split a Munich w someone

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

Looks Like i opened a can of worms! I was just inquiring about the possiblity didn't meant to get everyones hopes up. I purchased three bags last time, because I was new to all grain and dind't know how much I might go through, boy i wish I had picked up 2-3xs that much. so i would probably be in for 7-10 bags

logdrum you really couldn't go through a whole sack of munich, I burnt right through my 1/2 sack maybe its just something I use alot of.

where abouts in NE OH would pick up be? i'm in pittsburgh and need grain though the group buy doesn't seem to be happening. i'd be down for probably 5 bags.

They're not sure if there going to a buy yet, but last time it was right outside of Warren, Ohio.

I had to pass on a group buy out of akron about a month and a half ago, My Wife and I's company was doing a huge round of layoffs in which they eliminated 400 positions. That meant at that exact time and given the possiblity of unemployment any extraneous expenses were on hold, but we made it soooo back to being able to purchase brewing supplies!! yaaaahaaa!!

logdrum you really couldn't go through a whole sack of munich, I burnt right through my 1/2 sack maybe its just something I use alot of.
I still have a bit of the 1/2 sack of Vienna from the last buy, I only use 1-2# in the brews that call for it. Just started using Munich in the same manner, so 1/2 sack would probably last me 6 months. That being said, I certainly hope we can get this together, I'm getting low on base malt!

-d

Pick up is poland, right outside of Youngstown.

I'm not taking any orders right now, i need to find out if I can have my buddy can place the order for me. If he doesn't need any he won't do it. I know i don't need any, I bought 12 sacks on the last order. I highly recommend that if you need grain and you get in on these group buys, buy as much as you can.

I sent him a email yesterday and didn't get a response yet.

And FYI, the people that were in the last group buy get first dibs on the order. This was stated in a previous post as well.

I still have a bit of the 1/2 sack of Vienna from the last buy, I only use 1-2# in the brews that call for it. Just started using Munich in the same manner, so 1/2 sack would probably last me 6 months. That being said, I certainly hope we can get this together, I'm getting low on base malt!

-d

You doing 5gal batches? I have been doing 10gal and 2 beers back to nack each brew day. i use about 4-6 lbs per recipie that requires it.

Back